Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Addin coming soon - Automated Drawing Sheets (MegaSheets)

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
NachitoMax
1003 Views, 15 Replies

New Addin coming soon - Automated Drawing Sheets (MegaSheets)

Hi

I am pleased to announce that my latest Inventor Addin will be published soon on the App Store for immediate purchase. The application will come with a 10 day trial (with limited functions). Full version gives you access to 

All updates for life

2 Licences per User

Full access to all features

Other features that are included with this addin are

PDF Drawings to Files

dwg Drawings to Files

Seperate Drawing Label tool

When the browser is clicked, you will get a live thumbnail of the part for reference (works in 64 bit too)

Price for this addin will be £99.00 and this includes 2 licences per user (Home & Office)

You will saves hours and hours of creating your Drawing Sheets with the tedious task of adding Baseviews. MegaSheets will place Views of your choice for every single part and assembly within the Main assembly occurence. Also, MegaSheets is the only tool that will add the correct orientation label to each view which i know, many people have on a wishlist.

Please leave comments 🙂

Nigel

MegaSheets.jpg

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
stephenson513
in reply to: NachitoMax

How do I find this? Im new to the app store. is the demo released yet? thanks

looks cool

Message 3 of 16
NachitoMax
in reply to: stephenson513

Hi

it is not released yet. I am just putting the tool out there now to gain interest. I will post again when the addin is released.

The tool is great 🙂 i created a full set of 65 separate file drawings (drawing layout for assemblies, job pack layout for parts) with all views, all view labels and titleblock in 5 minutes. I then just had to go through them and add dims (which will be an added feature in a later release)

Thanks

nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 16
stephenson513

just the fact that it takes an assembly and makes drawings for each part, im guessing it can add in the flat patterns too?, is amazing!
hoping to test it asap
Message 5 of 16
pcrawley

Looks useful!  I have a couple of questions:

1. If I have an assembly of 50 unique parts, does it make 50 unique (separate) drawing files, or one drawing with 50 sheets?
  2. Does it work on the current assembly, or all-open assemblies?  (Being an Inventor add-in I presume I can't select a bunch of .iam files in Windows Explorer and say "go make drawings!")
Peter
Message 6 of 16
NachitoMax
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi

The tool works on the active assembly that is open at the time when the tool is invoked. To make it batch process at this time is not available as there are too many parameters involved. However to answer your questions

If you had 1 full assembly with 8 sub assemblies and each sub assembly had 10 unique parts, this tool will create a drawing layout for each assembly and a job pack layout for each part and it will print them in order I.e.
Main assembly
1st sub assembly and all sub assembly parts
2nd sub assembly and all sub assembly parts
Etc etc

You have a choice whether to save all drawings as 50 single files or combine them all into one drawing with 50 sheets. You also have the option to save as idw or dwg.

By default, the file type is idw and the titleblocks / borders come from the standard template however, when you change from idw to dwg, the titleblocks / borders will update. You can also browse for a different template too.

The purpose of the tool is to drastically reduce the time take to create drawing views. It will not draw everything for you. Early tests have delivered results of an assembly with 60 parts sent to drawing views with titleblock and border in 4 minutes. You would never ever do that manually 🙂

A video is coming soon 🙂

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
stephenson513

that sounds great......release it soon  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
NachitoMax

Hi

Here is a sample video of the tool to date.crelease will be Mid May.

http://youtu.be/rvHIh7mChOA

Additional features-

Custom view label. Add your own or select from iproperties
Add sheets to existing drawing file

Thanks

Nacho

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
stephenson513

anything coming soon? is there a way that it will take library file drawings and add them instead of making new ones every time. For instance, I have a clip that is used in all jobs but I have to include a drawing in every project file. There is already a drawing for it so maybe it can just pull in that drawing?
Message 10 of 16
NachitoMax

Hi

There isn't that feature at present but I can certainly look at adding it. Let's say-

Click on 'add existing' button
Browse to drawing file
Choose to add as sheet or include in the bundle

There will be a general release soon, it's just going through it's security and final testing. I want it to be fully automated on licensing. I also added a few extra features. I'll do my best to get your request included 🙂

If. You're interested , I'll be releasing a few other small cheap tools and a couple of free ones

MegaLabel (free)
Auto populate the correct named view on the drawing sheet or all drawing sheets

MegaLeader (99p)
Preset your common leader text into an easy to use database. When you run the tool, you can select the text items you think you will use and populate a list of your selected items. Then simply click on the text item, clock your leader start point, then end point and your selected text will be added to the leader. No typing, no trying to remember that specification or finish. Have it saved, use it every day and create formity on your drawings. A good leader in 3 clicks

MegaLam (99p)
When you need to add laminate to your woodwork model. Select a face and a new laminate is added as a new part. Then select the edges that need extending to meet other laminate edges. You can add laminate in just a few clicks without having to create any sketches. Works on curves too

MegaEdge (free)
In woodwork, you need to add edge banding to your panels. MegaEdge is just the tool for you. Simply select the edge and it is converted to a separate part at the correct thickness.

MegaProps (£49)
A single user interface to easily and quickly manage your assembly parts properties. MegaProps can-

Assign a property to ALL properties in the assembly. ( for example: company. Fill once and apply to all )
Auto numbering tool. Create a part number and apply incrementally to all parts in the assembly
Create custom iproperties and apply them all to all parts
Many many other exciting and fast tools.

MegaPreview (free)
Click on a browser item and have a popup appear with a thumbnail and important information. You can also isolate, hide and delete part from the tool

MegaCNC (99p)
Nest your parts onto full size sheet panels and export as dwg. You can also filter your parts into material groups for ease.

MegaSize (free)
Click on any part and get it's width, depth and thickness. Beats all that measuring lol

MegaGroup (99p)
Select items and group them together. You can control the visibility too.

MegaRebate ( MegaDado ) £2.99
Need to add rebates to your wood panels? Simply choose the depth / width, select a face and then click all edges to rebate. A visual representation of the rebate will be shown on your part.

All tools can be obtained on a single toolbar too. Definitely the best set of tools around. All tools will appear on a new tab called 'MegaTools'

Cheers

Nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Message 11 of 16
Jsmith01

Hi there is a free program called AutoDRAW that can do something similar and works really well. Its on the exchange store or you can download it here as well: http://www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Cheers

Message 12 of 16
NachitoMax
in reply to: Jsmith01

Hi

It's similar but doesn't hold nearly as many features. My tool allows the choice of sheets to 1 file or each drawing being a separate file. I can also force rotate and force the largest face . My tool also allows the user to select which views they want. I like the auto scale feature .

My tool also allows you to choose a titleblock, border and text . 🙂

Thanks

Nacho

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
Jsmith01

Yes I can see that your tool has some features that AutoDRAW does not have but AutoDRAW has auto sheet metal flat pattern options plus insertion of centre lines plus bend notes plus parts lists etc. In the end I guess its about which features are importnat to you.

Cheers

Message 14 of 16
stephenson513

so when is this program coming out!!?? been waiting as patient as I can Robot LOL

Message 15 of 16
NachitoMax

Hi

Very soon. I'm finalizing my security now and glitches. I'll PM you if you would be interested in beta testing 🙂

Nacho

EESignature

Message 16 of 16
stephenson513

I pmed you last week, incase you didnt get it Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report