Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with setting up a View Label style

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
FritscheDesign
215 Views, 0 Replies

Need some help with setting up a View Label style

okay, so in our active style we have the view label style, by default we have ours providing the part number and material callout for our weldment detail pages. I would also like to add in the overall length and width of parts, but in the styles editor where I would add this data in, IV does not provide me with the "full" selection of pull down options under the (Format Text/Type)

see attached pictures

On the other hand, if I place the part in the drawing and then go to edit view label and format text, i have the option/access to the full pull down selections... the only drawbacks to doing it this way is I have to stop and take the time to do that for each and every part, that's why we want it as part of our style.

Is there a way of "hard typing" the formula into the Format Text box in the styles editor and by pass the whole Type and property and placing the parameter text? I mean typing this <Material> doesn't give me the material, so there is some formatting going on behind the text..???

IV 2010 SP3
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report