Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with templates for Inventor 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
davodaman.snr
1190 Views, 6 Replies

Need help with templates for Inventor 2013

Hi,

I've opened up Inventor 2013 and clicked 'new' but no templates have come up. I went to my templates file in my documents and there wasn't any there. Where can I get the templates?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: davodaman.snr

they should have installed with the software unless something went wrong.

check your project file to see if it is pointing somewhere other than where you want it to.

i usually copy the new version of the ipj and a few templates into my own standard folder and use them as templates with my own customised settings,

default template location is as per snapshot... (if your application options have not changed) (ie for windows 7 at least).

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
rsmabery

Hi pjwilkinson3,

When you click the New button in the Launch panel of the Get Started tab of the ribbon, do you get a dialog box titled "Create New File"?

If so, is the location listed at the top of the of that dialog box the same location you checked?

The location of the template files is determined by either your project file or your Application Options.  Check the project file that you are currently using for the template location.  It is in the Folder Options section while you're looking at the projects in Inventor.  If this has a location, then that is where Inventor is looking for your templates.  If it says [Default], then Inventor is looking at what your Application Options defines for the templates.  Go to the File tab of the Application Options and look at the Default templates location.

This will at least make sure you're looking at the correct location.

As far as them being missing..they are installed by default and I know no way of not installing them.  I'd venture a guess that your setup is going somewhere that it shouldn't be.

You can easily create new templates if in fact they got deleted or something.

Thanks,

Randy

Thanks,
Randy Mabery
Please accept my post as a solution or use the Kudos button if I was helpful
http://inventbetter.blogspot.com/
Message 4 of 7
davodaman.snr
in reply to: rsmabery

Yes, I get a dialog box saying create a new file and the location is the same as the place I checked

Message 5 of 7

It's trying to find the templates in document/autodesk/Inventor2013/templates but nothings there. In the documents folder there's another folder called Inventor. I clicked it and I saw a file called default. Is that where Inventor is meant to get its templates from?

Message 6 of 7
Mark_Wigan

i have attached a snapshot of what you should see.

if not there then do a search of your c drive to see what / where they went.

if you still need to see how projects etc are setup let me know or do a bit of reading in the help...

if you need more assistance let me know. if we need to i will get a teamviewer meeting happening and look into it with you.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7

No need. I re-installed it and it's working fine. Thanks for the help

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report