Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with installation!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aaron3621
388 Views, 3 Replies

Need help with installation!

Today, 9 March 2014, I installed the Autodesk Inventor 2014. I had the program run and do its thing, it downloaded the files it stated it would and put all the files in the location I wanted. Unfortunately, after the installation the Inventor would not open properly. All other programs that came or downloaded with Inventor open and run fine, but Inventor doesn't. I will click on the application and receive and error message saying Title: "Inventor.exe - Application Error" Message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." I'm running this program on an Acer V3-571G-9686 laptop stock, no modifications to the hardware. The OS is Windows 8.164 bit operaing system, but I have checked the requirements and I should be able to run it. I do have games and other files on the drive, but they shouldn't do anything. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm using this program for a special class, and I need the programs for next semester's course. Have a nice day. Thank you, Aaron 9/13/2014
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: aaron3621

Have you installed all the patches and updates? I know people have had issue with Windows 8.1

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: aaron3621

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl... Issue: Inventor 2014 and all earlier versions of Inventor cannot be launched on Windows 8.1 Windows reports: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." This should resolve your issue

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
aaron3621
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you so much or this. I was searching around for some sort of patch but couldn't find any. I did have to work against my virus protection though and had some trouble for a while but now inventor works. I am now practising for my projects next semester. Once again thank you so much, and have a nice day sir. --Cheers Aaron 10/03/2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report