Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Help with Revising this Model..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
riff62
340 Views, 8 Replies

Need Some Help with Revising this Model..

The attached part was done by someone other than me, and I was asked by the machine shop to simplify it a bit to make it easier to machine. There are 36 separate extrusions to create the groove in the model. I am certain this can be done more easily, but I haven't wanted to remodel the entire part as yet. As you can see, the many extrusions to create the "steps". The machine shop would like these smoothed out so that the groove will be less time consuming to do. I tried creating a sketch on a work plane, and using a 3D sketch for a sweep path, but the resulting sweep does not create a flat profile at the bottom of the groove.. Anyone have any ideas how I can make the groove?. It slopes down from 0 to 180 degrees, and back up from 180 to 0 again. I was thinking some type of equation curve, but I am lost doing that. The radius for the groove has 3 different dimensions. Sorry if I haven't explained this well..If you have any ideas, I would appreciate the help. Thanks...
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
riff62
in reply to: riff62

Hmm..cant get part to upload...
Message 3 of 9
graemev

Push the EOP marker to the top, save and post.  It makes for a much smaller file.

Message 4 of 9
riff62
in reply to: graemev

Yeah..I did that..it's only A 600kb file...I have never been able to post any pictures, models, or screenshots on here for some reason...will try it from home later...
Message 5 of 9
riff62

Lets try this again...Zip File...?...lol
Message 6 of 9
riff62

SMH....really?....am I that inept?...lol
Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr

@riff62 wrote:
SMH....really?....am I that inept?...lol

some users do have problems posting here supposedly..

try a different browser.. or everyone should have a dropbox account (its great/free) Just drop it in the public folder/right mouse click and copy public link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have the same problem since the forum change-over last fall. Unable to insert pictures or attach files with: IE10, IE11, Safari and Mozilla from my work machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

...or everyone should have a dropbox account (its great/free) Just drop it in the public folder/right mouse click and copy public link

Autodesk 360 works great as a "dropbox account".

https://360.autodesk.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report