Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with sheet metal part!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
359 Views, 3 Replies

Need Help with sheet metal part!!

I really need some help with this part. I'm not proficient in inventor. We are using Inventor 10 (not 2010). I'm upgrading to 2012 and have signed up for classes but they will not start for another 30 days.  Can any of you help me with this? I have a sheet metal part that I've been trying to layout for almost week. This part is a feed chute that connects to a round chmaber. the OD of the round chamber wall is 54" and is 7ga thick. it has a top plate that is 3/4" thick and the OD of the top plate is 1/8" smaller than the ID of the 7ga wall. the flange for the feed chute is 10" above the top plate and goes from round to square. I can supply a drawing either in autocad 2005 format or (an attempt at the part) in inventor 10. Thank you in advance for any and all help.!!

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi pilot8251w,

Using Inventor 10 you'll need to use some sneaky tricks to get a square to round transition that will flatten in Inventor. When you switch to Inventor 2012 you'll find that Inventor has these tools built in making this all much easier. But in the mean time you can use the example at this link to get what you're after, just opent he file and look for the 3rd party link in the browser and it will open a spreadsheet that drives the model:

http://www.kwikmcad.com/iclips/examples.aspx

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you Curtis, I'll check out the link now. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Attached is a autocad 2005 dwg that shows the part. If you guys will look at this, You'll also see its on an angle and one of the sheet metal pecies intersects the OD of the chamber wall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report