Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Full set of drawings for practice

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
KulasekaranK
16489 Views, 35 Replies

Need Full set of drawings for practice

Hi,...

I am working in a chain manufacturing company,.

I like mechanical designing, analyzing, animating & simulating,..

We are using Autocad, Inventor, 3DS MAX, Mud box, Fusion, etc,..

Currently I practicing Inventor by making my own components from pictures taken from internet,.

But I am not satisfied with this,.

I like to make a full assembly of ANY MECHANICAL model and like to analyze, simulate,...

I searched in Internet for full set of car or Bike Engine Drawings but i could not find it,.

So please send full set of any mechanical drawings or send any website which allows to download full set of drawings,.

It might be anything related to mechanical and have moving parts (for simulate and animate)

Thanking you,.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
mcgyvr
in reply to: KulasekaranK

Got calipers? or a tape measure?

Model anything around you.. Measure it and model it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 36
mpatchus

I used to keep a box of parts, legos, K'nex in my classroom for my students.

Hand them a set of calipers and tell them to grab some parts, model them and create an assembly.

One of the best ways to practice modeling & assembling.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 36
Cadmanto

Don't expect users to just hand over drawings of completed assemblies.  There are things called proprietary information.  Try taking a part a bike on your own or get a chiltons manual at your local auto parts store and use your calipers and mics.  This is a better way to learn anyway.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 36
JDMather

This isn't drawings, but you could reverse engineer

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Engine-Model/m-p/3357199#M427710

I recommend you start on something smaller with fewer parts and work from the parts go full circle and create your own drawings.

Radio Controlled model car or aircraft engines are good.  An old weed eater engine would be good (might visit a repair shop and see if they will give you one cheap (or free)).  I would be surprised if there aren't RC engine drawings somewhere on the net.  A while back someone posted a link to complete drawings of a number of different styles of small engines - perfect for Inventor practice.  A search might turn up the link.

I found it http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inventorwizard.be%2Fblueprints%2Findex.html...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 36
graemev

Do you want Inventor part files, or just drawings?  I could spare a gearbox I modelled up if you like.  Perhaps I should supply the parts and an assembly drawing only, no assembly file?  Make you figure out how to put it all together?  (It's fairly short in part count, but a bit tricky in assembly and simulation.  I've actually had it 3D printed and it is functional as a demonstrator model.

Message 7 of 36
JDMather
in reply to: graemev

@graemev wrote:

Make you figure out how to put it all together?  (It's fairly short in part count, but a bit tricky in assembly and simulation. 

I'm always looking for challenges for my students.
Can you attach the parts here and picture of the finished assembly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 36
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/78/340387/1/project2_3_1aminiature_train.pd...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 36
graemev

Yyyyeah...  just short of 8 megs with the EOPs rolled up.  23 files, including an assembly instruction PDF and one sub-assembly for a derived part.  Zipped it's still up near 7 megs.

Multiple posts of individual files?  Muiltiple zip files?  Direct mail?  Drop-box type arrangement?  Snail-mail a nerd-stick?

Message 10 of 36
JDMather

jmather_at_pct_dot_edu

Message 11 of 36
KulasekaranK

Thank you for your attention on my post and for reply,.

If you can provide drawings, I can understand from the basic of the design and I will do assembly & I will simulate,.

If there is any restriction to provide drawings, please provide the assembly,.

I am using Autodesk all 2012 package (Auto CAD, Inventor, etc,.) ,.

Thank you

Message 12 of 36
KulasekaranK
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you for your reply,.

Actually I have made a chain animation by seeing this Train animation from YouTube,.

It helps me very well,.

Thank You,.

Message 13 of 36
graemev

Mail sent.

Message 14 of 36
JDMather

Thanks - this is perfect as we happen to be covering this topic right now.

What a coincidence.

Message 15 of 36
graemev

Glad to be of service!

You will note that the gears, both bevel and straight, are proper involute gears.  Yeah, done the "hard way", but I'm not too up on the equations for involute curves and how they'd be run through the equation curve unit in Inventor.  Oh, well.  Be sure to peek at the user parameters.  (Something funky happens with the bevel gears when you go over 45°, though. Something to do with the base circle/root diameter interaction, I think.  Not being a gearing expert might be part of the problem.Smiley Very Happy)

Message 16 of 36
KulasekaranK

Please send the drawings to me also,.

Email ID : kulasekara89@gmail.com

Thanking you

Message 17 of 36
LT.Rusty

Graeme - I'd be interested in taking a look at your gearbox as well.  Interestingly, I've got a class coming up too and my students are going to be doing some gears and such as well.  🙂

A dropbox link would probably work best for me ... you can PM it if you want.

To the OP:  the first project that I did with Inventor started off working from blueprints as well.  I downloaded the blueprints for an old British Sten submachine gun, and modeled out each individual part.  That was a great learning experience.  JD Mather was invaluable in helping me learn as I worked my way through that project.  It's horrifying really to go back and look at some of those old parts now, and see how terribly they were made.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 18 of 36
graemev

Mail sent.

Message 19 of 36
mrattray

I'd like to see what you can do with this: http://www.m1911.org/M1911-A1_REDUX.pdf

Rusty: Do you know where I could find the prints for that Sten gun? I don't have a legitamate need for it, but I'm a gun nut with a specific intrest in WWII-ish historical stuff and would really enjoy checking them out.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 20 of 36
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:

I'd like to see what you can do with this: http://www.m1911.org/M1911-A1_REDUX.pdf

Rusty: Do you know where I could find the prints for that Sten gun? I don't have a legitamate need for it, but I'm a gun nut with a specific intrest in WWII-ish historical stuff and would really enjoy checking them out.

Sounds like we've got a few things in common, then.  🙂

Really if you search for Sten blueprints you should find them pretty easily.  Maybe Sten machinist drawings?  I can't remember the exact search string, and this falls squarely into the category of "things I don't want in my browser history at work," since I'm in the Democratic People's Republik of Kalifornia.

There's a few different versions floating around out there, and I think each one is missing a couple bits if I remember correctly.  If you put them all together, though, you can find a pretty complete setup.  There's a couple dimensions on the bolt that none of them seem to have, though, on the radii on the left side that feed the next round into the chamber.  I've approximated it and it looks like it would probably work, but I don't really know for sure.

... and now I need to check out that 1911 print at home ... 😄

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report