Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA® TESLA™ C2075 COMPANION PROCESSOR

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pablo.portilla
2446 Views, 2 Replies

NVIDIA® TESLA™ C2075 COMPANION PROCESSOR

Hi everybody!

I'm getting in troubles with my inventor. I have more than 1'000.000 components in my assembly, and it is just the begining. Even worse, I have to receive components (assemblies and parts) from different softwares, like SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Autocad, and others. And all this I have to join it in one single assembly. Of course I have made different subassemblies, levels of detail, reducing details and parts, patching holes, and suppressing updates etc. At the end I have to make positions, views, drawings, etc.

I have a great configuration in my computer but it is getting every day too slow. In this moment I'm waiting more than I work. I found that my computer was out of memory and my processor up to his full capacity. I can buy more memory but, Inventor won't work better with a bigger processor...

My question: NVIDIA® TESLA™ C2075 could help me with this? is this enough or what is better?

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/docs/IO/43395/NV-DS-Tesla-C2075.pdf

http://www.nvidia.com/content/quadro/maximus/Maximus_Application_Configs_Simulation_analysis_and_CAD...

INVENTOR 2011. WILL BE SOON 2012
PROCESSOR INTEL XEON E5620. 2.4GHz (2 PROCESSORS)
RAM 12GB
64-BIT
GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA quadro FX 5600

Pablo
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: pablo.portilla

You could go to the Intel 5687 processor, it will plug in, should be about 50% faster and more memory. I don't beleive the TESLA companion processor with work for Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3

I know this is an old thread, but just to stop someone making the same mistake as me, don't bother with any Tesla unless you know how to write code for your own plug ins. Out of the box, the Tesla won't help with any autodesk product. That's not true i hear you say, there are case studies on Nvidia.com for maximus and maya / 3ds Max so if it doesn't work then that would be illegal false advertising. Yeah, that's what I thought. For those case studies, they use custom plug-ins which are neither supported or available to the public.

I get to marvel at what my setup could do if anyone supported it but to date, I haven't gained a single frame per second or saved a second of rendering time with Maya or Max. You have been warned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report