Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO GREEN DOT SHOWING UP----ONLY YELLOW

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
zeeb84
6499 Views, 11 Replies

NO GREEN DOT SHOWING UP----ONLY YELLOW

When I am trying to make any shapes on my computer...even just a closed triangle with the LINE TOOL...when I come back tot he starting point to close the triangle, the dot neer turns green. Not even if I am directly on top of it. Is there some setting that got changed accidentally, that is causing this?

It works on my computer at work, just not my laptop. Others I know have the same laptop and recieved the same install...and it works for them.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: zeeb84

Have you fooled with Constraint Options?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
zeeb84

Not on purpose...what should they be set on as the default?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

http://www.teknigroup.com/courseware/2010/Module00/sk1/Videos/sk1-100/sk1-100.html
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 12
stefan_rcd

Ive just had this happen to me also.....

Make sure, on  the sketch tab (click on the sneaky down arrow) that Constraint Inference and Constrait Persistence are turned on.

If that hasent fixed it, check under your right click while in sketch mode Constraint options, have all the boxes ticked.

Also on application options, tick the box that shows "display coincident constraint on sketch creation"

This is great for highlighting a missed coincident constraint.

hope this helps.

Stefan.

Inventor Professional 2011 SP1 64bit
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Xeon processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
8gb Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 256mb
SpacePilot

Message 6 of 12
hardline525
in reply to: stefan_rcd

I have the green dot problem too.  Looks like this post was a while ago, but thought I would try anyway.  I'm looking at the .jpg you attached, and it looks very helpful, but it does not look like my screen.  I have not used Inventor enough maybe, but I do not have a "sketch tab" like you show. Can you tell me how to get to that view?  I am running 2009 to stay with the folks on the project I am working; maybe that is the problem.  Thanks for any help.

Chris

Message 7 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: hardline525

The interface was changed to a Ribbon Interface in 2010 - your screen will look different.
While in the sketch environment check your Constraint Persistence (looks very similar to Perpendicular Constraint Icon and close to the Constraint icons. If you have not accidently turned off Constraint Persistance then right click the graphics window and check Constraint Options.

If you still can't figure it out - post a screen shot of your sketch environment screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
hardline525
in reply to: JDMather

That did the trick.  Thanks

Message 9 of 12
cadcamm99

What is weird for me is that, if I create a new models the green dot and yellow dot appear.  However if I work on an older model, the green and yellow dot do not appear.  Everything is check under constraint options and Constraint Persistence is on.

Message 10 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: cadcamm99

@cadcamm99 wrote:

What is weird for me is that, if I create a new models the green dot and yellow dot appear.  However if I work on an older model, the green and yellow dot do not appear.  Everything is check under constraint options and Constraint Persistence is on.

Attach file here that exhibits this behavior.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
cadcamm99
in reply to: JDMather

Turns out it is my part that is causing the problem.  After leaving Inventor and going back into it, things went back to normal.  However the more I worked on the part again, it became progressivly unstable.  Not sure why the model is doing that.

Message 12 of 12
garyjlewis

Thanks, that helped me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report