Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery circles on PDF/printout

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
s.peters
5247 Views, 22 Replies

Mystery circles on PDF/printout

Hello,

I am having a recurring problem and was wondering if anybody could help.

I create an assembly, then a drawing from the assembly, i add a parts list and annotate everything, then include a title block. Everything looks fine. Then i print or PDF the drawing and odd circles appear which aren't present on the original drawing. They appear to be randomly positioned and don't line up with any other cylindrical feature, i cannot work out how to remove them.

I have told all non-essential layers not to print and in the PDF the circle is on the same layer as the drawing (Visible (ISO)).

Can anyone help, here are some screen shots:3d.pnginventor.pngpdf.png

Thanks,

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
mflayler2
in reply to: s.peters

Any chance the circle is around an imported component of your design or a translated component?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous

I'm also getting this problem all the time, only while creating PDF's, not while printing directly.

(I'm not using imported parts, and these are assemblies that previously had none of these circles when making PDF's in previous versions)

Message 4 of 23
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are Alien crop circles.. Time to call in the professionals... 🙂

What are you using to create these PDF's (Built in Inventor, Acrobat Printer, Cutepdf printer,etc..)?

We use acrobat and cutepdf here and NEVER have a problem..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

This is using the built in PDF generator.

Message 6 of 23
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

This is using the built in PDF generator.

Try downloading cutepdf.. Its free and installs as a printer that you just print to instead of saving to.. See if that works any better.. I've never been happy with the built in pdf stuff that Autodesk offers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 23

This might sound odd, but i've seen things along these lines (or circles in this case) when creating PDF's.

There's actually a setting to creat a "high quality" PDF and that solved the issues we were seeing at the time, mainly with shaded views.

From Inventor, Print Setup, PDF, Properties tab:

pdf.PNG

Select the Default Settings pull down and select HQ Print, see if that helps.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 8 of 23
s.peters
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks mcgyvr, works perfectly!

I've been trying to find a solution for months.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: CelticDesignServices

Oddly I don't have that menu you show, but when I make a PDF I can change the DPI on the options button, I'll try this next time it happens.

Good suggestion.

Hey Autodesk, how about some help here?

Message 10 of 23
Martin_Goodland

The box shown by CelticDesignServices is the printer settings box for Adobe Acrobat rather than the options box seen when using Save Copy As pdf. If you don't have a version of Adobe Acrobat installed you won't see the box.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

Hey Autodesk, can you fix this?

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler2

Hi Mark,

The user said that wasn't his/her issue, but I'M Having the issue you were describing! Imported part with a mysterious circle around it being produce ONLY when making a pdf with the built in pdf generator.  Any fix you know of?  I tried rolling back to the old version of the file, but no dice.  It doesn't have any visible sketches or anything either.  I narrowed it down to the file that is causing the issue.  When I hide the part (a water heater) the circle goes away.

I've attached the file in question 😞 I can't figure this out.

Thanks for your help!

-xen

p.s. I used cute pdf and that DID get rid of the circle, but the scaling is strange with the print outs.  I just wish the built in generator could be fixed.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

Hello,

I also get these circles when creating pdf's with the built-in pdf generator. The strange thing is that the circles ar not always shown on the same spot, sometimes i have big ones, sometimes small ones, sometimes 1, sometimes 2. The option to create pdf's with cutepdf or eq. will also give 'corrupt' graphical results. (maybe the size of the drawings is the problem with that).

Can anyone help me? Whats autodesks solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Wim

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

the SP2 update fixes this problem

Message 15 of 23
mrkarthik1995

Hi,

I am also facing an issue like this. 

Please find the attached snapshot of Inventor drawing and exported PDF.

When exporting or save copy as PDF, it will show the mystery circle.

I have temporarily resolved this issue by using print->PDF.

But why this issue came and how to resolve this permanently?

Message 16 of 23

Hi! If you are on 2019, please install 2019.4 update followed by 2019.4.9 update. If you are on 2020, please install 2020.3  update followed by 2020.3.3 update. For 2021, please install 2021.1 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 17 of 23
alexandre5ED8X

Hi! The problem is still existing on Inventor 2022, is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

Message 18 of 23

Hi Alexander,

It should have been fixed. Try this. Go to the part or assembly -> Manage -> Rebuild All. Then switch back to the drawing. Now export it to PDF. Does it look fine now?

If not, please share the file that exhibit the behavior here or with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I need to see the files to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 19 of 23

I'm having the same issue.  It didn't occur UNTIL I upgraded to Inventor 2022 (was on 2020 previously).

I tried to "rebuild all" to no avail.

CAP.png

Message 20 of 23

Hi Dennis,

This is indeed a bug in 2022. It has been reported as INVGEN-53114, set to be resolved in 2022.1 update in July (not the already available 2022.0.1). The the moment, the only workaround is to print as PDF.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report