Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Content Center is Empty

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rickduley
2204 Views, 13 Replies

My Content Center is Empty

I am using the Student Version of Inventor 2015 stand-alone.

Let's say I go to

Big I --> Open --> Open from Content Center

Nobody home Smiley Sad

How do I get some nuts and bolts etc.?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: rickduley

Hi! There are a few reasons why you are seeing the behavior. Did you check Tools -> Application Options -> Content Center? What is the library path? Does the file exist? When installing Inventor, did you install Content Center Library?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 14
rickduley
in reply to: johnsonshiue

The path is c:\Program Data\\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center\Libraries and the folder is empty.

I do not remember if I installed Content Center Library.

If I go to "Add or Remove Features" in the Autodesk Installer/Uninstaller all I see is a reference to "License Transfer Utility".

Message 4 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! Is the double backslash in the path a typo? It could be a problem for Inventor to install or recognize the folder. You can simply just install CC library by running Inventor install again. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 14
rickduley

Yes - a typo.

You say run Inventor Install again.  Does that mean the full Monty - all 4.5GB plus the CC?  (I have restricted Internet access.)

Second question: are there different versions of CC?  I specifically need ISO compliant information.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! No, I don't think you have to install the whole Inventor again. You just need to run Setup.exe and install CC Library, which apparently is missing on your machine. You do need compatible CC library installed. CC Library usually is included by default when you install Inventor. I am not sure why it was not installed on your machine.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 14
rickduley

Hi johnsonshiue

I don't have a "Setup.exe" possibly because I downloaded Inventor off the Net  from

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

I just went to Control Panel and looked at the Reinstall option.  There is no indication up to the commit stage as to what it is going to do - the prospect of a complete re-install is out of the question until next month's data allowance starts, and I don't want to wreck what I have now, so I backed off.

An interesting point - I do not remember selecting a option not  to have the CC Library installed.  If it comes in automatically, why do I not have it?

Another interesting point - has anyone tried out that Re-install (or even the original Install) process lately so that they have seen what the students get?  I have recollections of websites I created not doing what I thought they were going to do.  Even Autodesk might not be giving the results intended.  After all, if it can happen to me ... !  Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 14
ampster401

if you still have what ever file you downloaded to install Inventor, just re-run that.

If you deleted it, then you will apparently need to wait until next month or when ever so you can download the install routine again.

When you go to run the install again, it will find Inventor already installed.

Somewhere in the install screen you can expand and select to install the CC.  I believe it is not installed by default.

Message 9 of 14
rickduley
in reply to: ampster401

Hi ampster

I am talking about going to to Control Panel -->  Uninstall a Program --> Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 - English --> Uninstall/Change.  Am I in the wrong place?

Message 10 of 14
ajcraig99

Go to C:/Autodesk

If you havent deleted it, there should be the unpacked installer still there, Unless the web installer works diferently.

Message 11 of 14
symdraft

Click the projects button (1) to get the projects dialog up.  Bottom right, click the CC libraries (2).  Check the library you want is ticked (3).  Save when done.

If nothing is here, check for  *.idcl files in the location of libraries link (arrow).  If no *.idcl files, you will need to install the CC libraries as per other comments here.

Symdraft.

Message 12 of 14
rickduley
in reply to: ajcraig99

I found the Installer but my problems persist.

They say life wasn't meant to be easy!

I say it's not easy because people make it difficult!

I DRC "AutodeskInstallNow.exe" and get this:

_Autodesk_Installer_Failure.jpg

I haven't shifted anything Smiley Sad ... really!

Message 13 of 14
ampster401

looks like you found the installer from C:\autodesk and that may present that error msg (common issue).

If you can find the file you clicked on the start the process, the one that ended up creating C:\Autodesk, try double-clicking on that particular file instead of the autodeskinstallnow file. 

You might have luck double clicking on the setup.exe file in that same location.

I recall running into that same error you are getting many times previously but I don't recall how I was eventually able to get around it and may have had to redownload.  But I think the key is using the correct file to start the process.

Message 14 of 14
rickduley
in reply to: ampster401

Setup.exe gives exactly the same response. Looks like I'll have to uninstall and re-install.

Thanks folks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report