Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutlpile Gear Components .Just like configuration table in Solid Works.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
697 Views, 8 Replies

Mutlpile Gear Components .Just like configuration table in Solid Works.

I want to create one Spur Gear in inventor with equations such that i can build more gears from this base model using excel table. For. Eg. I would like to create a gear with 40 No. of teeth of 10DP, and 20°PA, with Pitch Circle Dia, Base CIrcle Dia, Tooth Thickness based on spur gear calculations.

Now i would like to create a series of such spur gears with varying no. of teeth, i.e. 42, 44, 46, 48, 50..etc. Now if i change the No of teeth ,Accordingly the gear should modify its pitch dia, Base circle dia, Tooth Thickness which would be noted in the Equation.

I needed help on how to create thes equations and use these in creating gear with different no. of teeth.

I have shown below list of gear data for various no. of gear.

Thanks

Shrikant

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not see the list.
Can you attach the ipt file of what you have done so far?
Attach the Excel spread sheet as well.

I use an example of creating gears like this to teach my students how to do iParts - but you should also be aware that there is already a gear generator built into Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I am attacheing the .ipt file for 40T and also the excel sheet.

Let e knwo your response.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Yeap Gear generator is there in Inventor but that is used only in case of assembly i believe. How to used in case of .ipt file.

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

You need to embed the Excel parameters into your ipt file and use these as your dimensions.

You have to invalid variable names in the spreadsheet - including the very first variable which means Inventor will reject it immediately.

No. of Teeth should be No_of_Teeth or something similar (no spaces or special characters)

Whole Depth should be Whole_Depth or something similar.

The Start Cell is B2 (for your xls)

for various sizes set up a look up table on second sheet of spreadsheet or set so that user input of No_of_Teeth recalculates the other variables.  (This assumes one pitch, for other pitches you will have to do more work.)

I would start with something simple to see how spreadsheet parameters and iParts work before trying to get to complex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

hello,

THanks for your reply i will try this for some of the simple component and then look into the the complex gear part. Will get back if i dont succeed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

If there are any tutorials of simple .ipt configurations tables/ design tables then let me know. Will work on them.

Message 8 of 9
rdyson
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hello,

I have created a sample part of Gear using Design Table. Please look in to it and revert with your comments.

I have used the Table option and also there is 3rd Party option which i am not able to differentiate from Table. Because when i edit 3rd Party Excel table with different no. of teeth other the  table then there is no change the model.

How to use 3 party  excel table to create gear models with different no. of teeth as created under Table. ?

Attached Gear_1 .ipt for reference and also Gear Design Table used under 3rd Party.

Thanks

Shrikant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report