Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple model states (Hinging frame)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nige106
394 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple model states (Hinging frame)

Hi I have a frame that hinges. I have built the two halves separately then placed them together in an assembly. Is it possible to have preset rotations from say open to closed? Similar to level of detail where by I chose which position the hinge is in?

Open

1.jpg

Closed

2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: nige106

You are looking for Positional Representations.  In the Master PR, set up an angular constraint, then in each of the other PRs, override that constraint offset to the value you want.  These PRs can then be used in a drawing to show one or more overlays, or to create several different views.

Message 3 of 5
nige106
in reply to: SBix26

Thats fantastic. Just what I needed.

On an unrelated point I've created a dwg drawing file containing an assembly. I'd like to illustrate some steel cable drops down to a set of eyebolts. I can create a sketch but I can't pick up any of the geometry of the viewports. Is this possible?

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: nige106

First, you must have the view selected before creating the sketch.  This creates a view that is associated to the sketch, rather than just floating loose on the drawing sheet.

Then use the Projected Geometry command to reference the model geometry from the view into the sketch.

Message 5 of 5
nige106
in reply to: jtylerbc

Wow I can't believe it was something that simple!!! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report