Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple extrusion depths on same part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chrlsrchrdsn
1730 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple extrusion depths on same part

Inventor 2014.  I have watched everything I can find and read many entries on related messages.  So far nothing seems to help.  I may just be coming at the problem wrong.

I create a part by creating rectangle on the XY of 90mm centered on 0,0.  I add fillets on 3mm on all four corners.  I then add two circles centered on 0,0 of diamters 45 mm and 41mm.  What I would like to do is extrude the area between 41 mm and 45 mm circles to 10 mm and the rest of the rectangle outside of the circle 45 mm circle to 6 mm.  The center of the part from center to the 41 mm circle is void or open. 

I have read two solutions that use a "share sketch" function, that I can't find in the help or by right-clicking as indicated in the write-up.  Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
IgorMir
in reply to: chrlsrchrdsn

Something like that? Please see the attached file.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: chrlsrchrdsn

In order to get the Share Sketch option, you must first make an extrusion.  I created your square and circles in one sketch (I typically add fillets and chamfers as a feature and not in a sketch).  I then extruded the 2 circles 10mm to form the cylinder.  Once you have an extrusion, right click on the Sketch that occupies your extrusion and Share Sketch option will be available.  You can then extrude your area around the cylinder.

share sketch.jpg

share sketch 2.jpg

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 4 of 5
chrlsrchrdsn
in reply to: IgorMir

Thanks, your sample showed me that what I wanted to do was within ADI functionality.  I appreciated that.

Message 5 of 5
chrlsrchrdsn
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Thank you for illustrating the specific steps.  You answer also pointed out that I was getting feature properties and sketch properties confused.  This has helped me in several other situations.  Thank you, very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report