Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Problems with Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Gforce28269
357 Views, 3 Replies

Multi Problems with Inventor 2013

I start Inventor from either the Autodesk Product Design Suite shortcut or Inventor shortcut and it brings up the welcome screen for Inventor.  When I click new part, English, Create, it begins loading modules and after a few seconds, it either blanks out and closes, or it offers to send crash report to Autodesk.  I have responded seveal times to the crash report with detailed steps of what I did and I keep getting request emails from some at Autodesk with vague requests for "additional files"

Yea, OK what files.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: Gforce28269

system?  (hardware, OS, driver versions, etc.)

Inventor version? (titles says 2013, but what updates?)

did you install in the recommended way?  (Windows UAC off, anti-virus off, etc.)

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Gforce28269

In addition to answering the previous post - did it ever work, or is this a new install that never worked?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Gforce28269
in reply to: sam_m

The first time I installed, I did forget to disable real time monitoring of Microsoft Security Essentials. Of all the Autodesk Product Design Suite applications that I installed, only Inventor Pro, Showcase and Revit are not working. I reinstalled only Inventor Pro with Security Essentials turned off and I was able to get it to load one time. I played around with it and saved a part file. It shows in the welcome screen, but when I went back in to reopen the same part file the next day, it crashed in the same way as it was before the reinstall. Inventor Pro 2013 SP 1.1 with update 1 Microsoft Windows XP Sp3 AMD PhenomT II X6 1090T 3.21 GHz, 3.25 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW 3.3 Bob

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report