Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Problems with Inventor 2013

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
jabman81
1499 Views, 16 Replies

Multi Problems with Inventor 2013

Using: Inventor Design Suite 2013

OS; Windows 7 64 bit PRO

I am having multi problems with Inventor I will explain and post screen shots. As a side note Inventor has been crashing on me. 

Sorry so long.

OK Problem 1. I do not have a screen shot of this problem. this problem has been happening to me for a couple of weeks and usually is a sign that Inventor is going to crash. The program seems to freeze on me I am not able to do anything but close the program and reopen it which fixes it temporarily. If I switch to another tab (part) I get the outline of that window and my part window goes to blue. Today when I noticed this happening I quickly saved my part closed Inventor and when I reopened it I started having these other problems.

Problem two. ( this is when I started noticing the other problems) I opened the part I was working on to change a sketch dimension,. The dimension was missing the number and the leader arrows.

ANIDV3.gifProblem 3; Thinking that I might of changed the sketch properties somehow I went to open the Application Options, when I did I got this strange message (screen shot below) clicking ok on the message twice brings up the Application dialog box but whenever I try to switch to another tab I get the same message clicking ok twice again closes the message but does not open the tab i clicked on.

ADINV1.gif

Problem 4: again trying to fix the dimension problem I go to look in the Styles Editor and when I open that up this is what I see

ADINV2.gif

The only option I have on the left is lighting.

Does anyone know of a solution? I have tried to close and reopen Inventor and rebooting my PC.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: jabman81

Thats pretty messed up. I would try a repair install. Did you just install SP1.1?

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 17
jabman81
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

I did not have SP 1.1 installed but just installed it and it didn't fix the problem.

Message 4 of 17
rhasell

Hi

How long have you been experiencing this?

At first glance, it appears to be graphics related.  Check that everything is in order in that department, drivers, card spec etc.

You did not post your machine specs, with a problem like this it could help with the troubleshooting. (For example, see my signature)

Try and set your "Graphics settings" to "Compatability" (Options, Hardware)

Problem 4 is normal, The material styles have moved to "Tools, material/Appearance"

Hope you come right.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 17
jabman81
in reply to: rhasell

Hi rahsell,

thanks for your reply. As I am nol onger at work I am not sure of the specs. I will post that tomorrow. But the computer is not that old maybe a year. But to answer how long it has been happeing today was the first time except fro the crashing. I alaso checked for updates for my graphics drivers and they are up todate.

Message 6 of 17
machiel.veldkamp

I had the same problem with Inventor 2008 a few years back. 
What I reccomend you to do is to check if the Graphics Card in your PC in compatible and/or approved by autodesk for inventor 2013. (link down below)

You may need an driver from autodesk to support your card. 
At the time I needed a newer graphics card.

Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

My graphics card is on the recomended list. I have the  NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800. And the drivers are up to date.

I have 6GB of RAM.

Message 8 of 17
mflayler2

Not to overlook the obvious, but also list...

Which Antivirus program you run

If you are an Adminstrator on the account (you cannot be a limited user on the machine)

Did you turn off UAC and Antivirus during install?

What are the other specs of the machine?  Is it new or was it heavily upgraded from an old box?

How are you accessing your files?  I have seen these types of snafus from users trying to work off a Flash Drive or a slow storage medium.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 9 of 17

Hi  jabman81,

Go to the Tools tab > Application Options > General tab > and then look for the Annotation Scale setting.
 I suspect this setting has been reset due to some weirdness encountered during a crash. I prefer this setting at 1.6 or so, but I think the default is 1.

I think this will help with problems 2 and 3, but was likely caused by problem 1. Also, I think that problem 4 is normal in the part enviroment unless I'm misunderstanding.

As for problem 1, in addtion to the other graphics related suggestions you might also check your Nvidia 3D settings and set them for performance. I have an older system that will start getting flaky if I try to run under the Quality setting. Your settings might vary, but you might look through the Nvidia 3D settings for something similar.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 10 of 17
jabman81

Thanks everyone who have made suggestions I really appreciate it. After trying those suggestions (and them not working), I did a complete uninstall and a reinstall, this has seemed to fix the problem. I have been running 2013 for about 3 or 4 months without any issues until yesterday. It is working now so I am back in business.

Again thanks for everyone’s help.

Message 11 of 17
ChristinaForest

my problem with inventor 2013 is when i change a dimension in my sketch, the sketch mode close automaticly??? if i have 5 dimension to change, i reopen my sketch 5 times to make the changement?????

A second is in my idw i insert many viwe with same iam but the color is differents in each views???

Anybody have the same problem????

Message 12 of 17
ChristinaForest

Another problems, when i have a isoview with shade in a sheet, all disapear but when i move my mouse i see the general dimension or view in each contact with my cursor mouse????? if i put my isoview without shade all appear????

Message 13 of 17
SBix26
in reply to: ChristinaForest

I think that you have a graphics issue, but you have given no information about your computer.  Please provide computer specifications, particularly Operating system and graphics card.

Message 14 of 17
stephen_inventor
in reply to: SBix26

Hi,

Have any of you seen problems during creating a sketch, sometimes it highlights thats it has snapped to the endpoint or midpoint of a line but it doesn't. Sometimes it's snaps close to it, other times it snaps way off from where intended.

If anyone has any idea of how I can stop this, it would be appreciated.

Message 15 of 17
SBix26
in reply to: stephen_inventor

Possibly your Constraint Persistence setting got toggled off:

Constraint Persistence.PNG

Message 16 of 17
ChristinaForest
in reply to: SBix26

Windows 7 professionel, sp1

intel core i7-2600

12go ram

NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 220

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570

Message 17 of 17
SBix26
in reply to: ChristinaForest

Other than being sure that your video drivers are up to date, I don't have any other ideas.  The computer looks fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report