Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Body Parts Not Working in 2013 Pro & Standard

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
431 Views, 4 Replies

Multi Body Parts Not Working in 2013 Pro & Standard

Hi All

So there seems to be a problem with the multi body part functions in 2013.

Once you create a multi body, or a multi body feature, and then try to go back and edit it you can no longer select difference bodies.

A little more digging and it almost seems like the problem is that you can not use "ctrl" to multi select bodies.

This is a pretty major release bug. Anyone from Autodesk aware of this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A little screwing around and here is what I have found:

-it seems that you can select / deselect which of the multi bodiy solids you want to be effected by the feature if you select from the browser menu, BUT the in canvas "ctrl" selection is not working.

Message 3 of 5
bobvdd

I don't see the problem.

I can select/deselect bodies both in the browser and in canvas when I create a hole feature through multiple part bodies. Maybe attach a part as it could be part specific perhaps.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bobvdd

Hi Bob

I can attach a file, but the problem is reproduceable every time on two different machines, and installations of IV.

Step 1 Create solid body

Step 2 Create second solid body

Step 3 Create cut extrude thru both solid bodies  (click select works)

Step 4 edit cut extrude and try to selct multi solid bodies again and it will not work with ctrl key but will if you pick from the browser tree

I tried a hole and revolve and it does not seem to have the same issue, so I think it is in the extrude command that the problem is happening.

@bobvdd wrote:

I don't see the problem.

I can select/deselect bodies both in the browser and in canvas when I create a hole feature through multiple part bodies. Maybe attach a part as it could be part specific perhaps.

Bob

Message 5 of 5
bobvdd

Thanks. No need for a sample file.

Your explanation is clear enough.

We seem to be losing focus to the "Solids" button once you start adding/removing more than one body to/from an existing extrusion. Great catch.

I logged this as a priority 3 defect.

1464072  Regress:can only add or remove one single body at a time in an existing extrude

I decided on the lower priority of 3 because you still have the workaround of selecting the bodies in the browser.

Thanks for reporting.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report