Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move part coordinate system

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ENRAD
2033 Views, 6 Replies

Move part coordinate system

Cant seem to find any answers pn this.

Using Inventor 2012

I have parts inported from stp-files, now the coordinate system is different in all these parts.

How do I re-define the coordinate system to my needs in these imported parts.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jtylerbc
in reply to: ENRAD

You can't actually move the coordinate system.  However, you can move the part geometry relative to the coordinate system, achieving the same result.

Check out the command "Move Body."  I've used it to fix imported parts with goofy origin points many times.

Message 3 of 7
ENRAD
in reply to: jtylerbc

My problem isn't the origin, the axes are all wrong, when I am looking at the what I consider Top of the part, I'm looking into the Y-Axis, and it should be X-Axis, the part should be rotadet 90deg around X-axis

Message 4 of 7
ENRAD

Thanks, Ive found it in the "move Bodies"

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
jtylerbc

Started to post that you can't do it because there's not a Rotate Bodies tool, then based on your reply figured out there is an option in Move Bodies that lets your rotate instead of move.  Guess we both learned something on this one - I had never noticed that before. 

Message 6 of 7
ENRAD
in reply to: jtylerbc

Yeah, but its well hidden, unfortunatly, it would have been better with a tabbed dialog, or that the alternatives is more clear.

Message 7 of 7
IgorMir

Another option is to open the model in AutoCAD and position it the way you want. Then import it to Inventor.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report