Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Matach9
322 Views, 6 Replies

Mouse

Hello,

For some reason my right mouse button does not work in Inventor 2012.  I thought it was the mouse so I bought a new one.  Same problem.  The mouse buttons work when I am not in Inventor.  I have already installed service pack 1.

Hope you can help, it's driving me crazy.

Allan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Matach9
in reply to: Matach9

O.K. to answer my own post.  If you are having the same problem and you are running Inventor 2012 on XP.

Shut down the computer and start it up fresh, fixed the problem....for now.

Message 3 of 7
mrattray

It's a graphics glitch. Go to tools>customize>marking menu and check "Use Classic Context Menu".

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 7
Matach9

Thanks, I will give it a shot. Allan Gilliard Tool Designer [cid:image001.jpg@01CD2D0D.4C7EDE20] (705) 526-5401 ext 629 agilliard@elcan.com This document (or software if applicable) may contain data whose export/transfer/disclosure is restricted by U.S. or Canadian law. Dissemination may require an export license or other authorization. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, as well as any attachments, previous e-mail messages and /or any links provided herein, is Proprietary/Confidential information belonging to Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies, and its affiliates, and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. WARNING: Malicious code including viruses can be transmitted via email. Although Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no malicious code is present in this email, non-encrypted electronic transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted and manipulated therefore Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Message 5 of 7
SBix26

I've been having the same problem from time to time, and not able to figure out what causes it.  I normally switch to Classic Right Click Menu, then switch back.  This usually fixes the issue, but not always.  Sometimes I have to stop and re-start Inventor.  And sometimes it also involves the Select Other tool, which doesn't display, though it still functions.  I have to restart Inventor to fix that one.

Message 6 of 7
Matach9

Hello, Thanks for the response, I have clicked on the Tools - Customize - Use Classic Context Menu button and it has been working. Hopefully that is all I needed to do. Allan Gilliard Tool Designer [cid:image001.jpg@01CD2DB5.1497DE00] (705) 526-5401 ext 629 agilliard@elcan.com This document (or software if applicable) may contain data whose export/transfer/disclosure is restricted by U.S. or Canadian law. Dissemination may require an export license or other authorization. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, as well as any attachments, previous e-mail messages and /or any links provided herein, is Proprietary/Confidential information belonging to Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies, and its affiliates, and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. WARNING: Malicious code including viruses can be transmitted via email. Although Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no malicious code is present in this email, non-encrypted electronic transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted and manipulated therefore Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Message 7 of 7
SBix26

I actually like the Marking Menu, so when it stops working I switch to Classic and then back again.

By the way, is there anything that you can do about your signature text?  It pretty much overwhelms your posts, makes them hard to read.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report