Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion / simulation..Missing part..

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rickardwahlstrom
407 Views, 4 Replies

Motion / simulation..Missing part..

Hello, i'm building an "Vertical Steam Engine with Reverse Gear" in autodesk Inventor professional 2012, Here is an link to someone else who have completed it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X7LswXveW8&feature=related , 

And the drawings is here, it's the fifth; 
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inventorwizard.be%2Fblueprints%2Findex.html... 

So i have created all the parts and have started to make the assembly. But before i start connecting all to eachother i need to know How and where i am going to make the "motion/simulation" , so it will work as in the youtubelink. I'm a new fish at making motions so i dont know what program to use, (if i even can use Inventor for all the constrains(so it works as a system) .. i know that i can drive constrains etc.. but that is only one and there are more than one motion to make.

Hope you guys can help me! 

And also i got a tiny problem as i think that one 2D drawing is missing; 000.013 Cylinder Cover Steel (If you download the blueprints it got an assembly that shows it. I could make it myself but dont really know its form besides that it is attached to the cylinder. 

Thanks for reading!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: rickardwahlstrom

You only need to drive one constraint (I would use angle constraint on the crankshaft).

If everything is properly constrained the mechanism should work just like the real world parts.

Attach your assembly here if you get stuck.

I think you should be able to figure out the missing part without having the drawing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rickardwahlstrom
in reply to: JDMather

Okey i will try that, what program should i use? Solidworks or Inventor 2012? (preferable inventor) 

And to save some time on looking, i should use these commands?; 
Constrain - motion - rotation?
Thanks

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: rickardwahlstrom

@rickardwahlstrom wrote:

Okey i will try that, what program should i use? Solidworks or Inventor 2012? (preferable inventor) 

Why do you ask what program to use?

They both do the same thing.

I recommend you sign up for a class.  The programs you mention are professional programs and deserve (require?) a professional level of preparation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
rickardwahlstrom
in reply to: JDMather

Only went classes in Inventor, never used SolidWorks. So i'm not familiar about its functionality ..

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report