Inventor General

Valued Contributor
es12
Message 11 of 16 (708 Views)

Re: More realistic renders? Another program?

03-04-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: blair

blair wrote:

Just try doing a system re-boot. There is a screen switch in the DirectX when using Showcase, possible after exiting Showcase it didn't fully switch back because of your integrated graphics card.

I made full reinstall of Windows and installed all new drivers but the problem is still there. It feels like the fps dropped from 100 to maybe 60 while rotating the parts. Looking from the task manager the processor usage doensn't go higher when I rotate the parts. I don't remember how high the memory usage was before, but now it's 3,3gb/4gb.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 12 of 16 (701 Views)

03-04-2012 03:27 PM in reply to: es12

showcase is a graphic intensive program

so i am not suprised your having problems with using a integrated graphics card

Valued Contributor
es12
Message 13 of 16 (697 Views)

03-04-2012 04:11 PM in reply to: es12

I don't have prolems with Showcase. It's not even installed now. I have prolems with Inventor. and Inventor has worked fine before for the past 6 months.

Mentor
MikahB
Message 14 of 16 (688 Views)

03-05-2012 04:51 AM in reply to: es12

Showcase is easy to use and can generate nice looking results pretty quickly - I use it extensively rather than tweaking Inventor's materials (which, to me do not look even close).

I also see the same behavior you are describing when I switch from Showcase back to Inventor.  It actually changes the option in Inventor for "Software Graphics" (Tools > Options > Application Options > Hardware > Software Graphics).  So, you have to open Inventor, uncheck the Software Graphics checkbox, close Inventory, then re-open it.

It also resets the selected Project in Inventor each time I use Showcase.  Little disappointed in the "interoperability" between the two applications, but once you get used to the song and dance you can be productive with the combination.

I've also tried using 3DS Max, but so far the learning curve has been steep enough that I've not made the switch from Showcase.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Valued Contributor
dpsmith85
Message 15 of 16 (673 Views)

03-05-2012 09:03 AM in reply to: es12

Check into Keyshot when you get a chance.  I had the same issue you had with Inventor Studio.  I personally think it looks terrible.  I've attached a render I did of one of our mobile towers.  I think it looks pretty real.  Also Keyshot took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to use it and it also has animation capabilities.  And if you were wondering, I have no affiliation with Keyshot I honestly just think they make a good product.

Valued Contributor
es12
Message 16 of 16 (626 Views)

03-07-2012 10:49 PM in reply to: es12

Is it possible to make the parts travel freely in Showcase or in Keyshot? In Showcase was only able to move them so that they travel to one direction and then the part would make "corner" and travel to the another direction. I don't have Showcase installed anymore so can't test myself.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube