Inventor General

Contributor
hexanerax
Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

Modeling help needed

175 Views, 1 Replies
02-07-2013 06:43 AM

Hi,

I was trying to model the tail fin(vertical Stabilizer) for an aeromodel design. I inherited a dwg file of the tailfin with some poorly defined ribs that help shape the fin. The fin tapers back and up.

My problem - I need to put in a brace which starts from the front of the lowest rib and goes back and up to the front of the topmost rib. and a pair of slots similar to the ones already modelled but further up towards the front. I hoped that a sweep feature on the assembly would do it but i am unable to create a rail and constrain it properly. Could someone please show me or tell me how these types of features could be modelled?

Another issue i had was to model a plastic film covering for the fin. An aeromodel uses a heatshrink monokote film. How would i model something like that in inventor.

The requisite files have been uploaded to dropbox.- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tugioznw6tyi2pa/A9jSpyEanw

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Naren

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tugioznw6tyi2pa/A9jSpyEanw

Distinguished Mentor
rdyson
Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)

Re: Modeling help needed

02-07-2013 11:40 AM in reply to: hexanerax

I assume you want something like the attached.

If you created your models about the origin planes, it would make things easier and simpler.

Also the assembly features will not automatically migrate to the individual model part files.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube