Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model failed to update. Coil Winding Machine

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
807 Views, 6 Replies

Model failed to update. Coil Winding Machine

Good morning everyone. My name is Yuhanes Dedy and I would like to discuss with you about problems that I have in creating animation

of coil winding machine using Inventor. The animation is intended to show how coil winding machine works as shown in My Movie5 in the attachment. However, I found some difficulties in creating that animation. To explain my problem more clearly, I put all ipt and iam files in the attachment in rar file as well as video of animation that I have created so far (My Movie).

I was able to create the coil wound around two shafts for two or three revolution but I always found warning that said "Model failed to update.for the current time. Please correct the animation definition" when I tried to create the other five revolution (because the real machine winds the coil until eight revolution). (see Capture2). Why did I always have this warning and how to deal with it? I don't know how I should correct the animation definition since all seems fine. And the other strange thing is that this warning doesn't always appear when it previously comes out. So sometimes Inventor gave me warning in a specific time, but also sometimes Inventor just ignore it. Why is it so?

Then, please refer to Capture image. This picture shows the warning that I couldn't animate constraint for the part1 to move downwards. Actually I don't know why I couldn't do it and since this is an essential part of the animation I have to make, please let me know why this happened and how to deal with this.

And the last question that I have is there are a few cases in the rendered video, i.e. the coils that has been wound for several revolution disappear for a few seconds and appears again. Why did it happen? and How to solve it?

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi yuhanes,

Just a few points of observation, its good practice to have all sketches full defined when making any 3D cad model, I think you omitted a few steps from your model that would make it more stable when animating.

From your previous post, a suggested technique was to loft to a plane that was generated using an axis through two points, this keeps the lofted profile perpendicular to the 3D sketch (see pics). If you update your model to add these it should make the animation more predictable in its outcome.

Well done for getting this far, post your final move as it looks like an interesting assembly to animate.

Hope this helps

Mark

Inventor 2014

Coil1.jpg

Coil1_with_extra_plane.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much Mark Downes. I am sorry for getting back to you so late. Your technique really works well. However, I would like to ask you one more important question, that is about the warning that says "Model failed to update". I don't know why but this warning sometimes comes up in a specific time but when I run the animation again, it doesn't come up. But later it will come up again in a different time where in the previous animation, the warning doesn't come up at that time. So, in another word, it's unpredictable and makes me difficult to find which component has the constraint problem. Is there a way to solve this? Thank you very much.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi yuhanses,

Can you zip your files and post them so we can see if we get the same results

thanks

Mark

Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Mark

Thank you. The problem is the animation that I make is little complex and has a lot of part. So I can't upload the files in this forum since there is a size limit for uploading files. What should I do then? Could you explain to me why this unpredictable warning comes up? Thank you again

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi yuhanes,

warning that says "Model failed to update".

Without seeing the assembly and parts its hard to suggest what would cause this error

(my car won't start can you tell me whats wrong?)

My first thought would be it's a model geometry issue. I would check the individual parts

to ensure good sound technique has been employed (all sketches fully defined, lofts / sweeps are working well)

You may have an issue with a constraint pushing or pulling part geometry out of its intended model shape.

Hope this helps

Mark

Inventor 2014

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Dear Mark Downes

Good morning Mark. Sorry for the late reply. I just would like to inform you that I have completed the project successfully and I want to let you know that I can make it because of your great help. Thanks a lot. I love autodesk because there are great people like you who are very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Dedy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report