Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Browser Behavior

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrew.warren
282 Views, 4 Replies

Model Browser Behavior

Is their a toggle to tell the Browser to go back to last location? I am editing a ton of bolts that I have in a assembly. When I go in and edit a bolt then hit return the browser goes to the top of the list. Is their a setting that will return it to the part I just edited?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: andrew.warren

Sounds like you might want to create a View Representation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
andrew.warren
in reply to: JDMather

I am just editing the library parts right now and checking all of the custom bolts to make sure they are correct sizes. So I just want the browser to stay where it was as I go though the list so I don't have to scroll back and forth. Mostly I am just clicking on the next one from the last but if I accidentally return to the assembly I created to test them it looses my spot. Not a big deal just was thinking I had seen something like this before...

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc

What about right clicking on the part in the browser and opening it, instead of editing it in-place in the assembly?

Then you'd still have it highlighted in the assembly browser when you come back to it.

Message 5 of 5
bobvdd

Would the context menu "Find in browser" not help?

The other thing I can think of is to organize your bolts in a series of browser folders  (Add to new folder).

These folders are created at the bottom of the tree, so you know easily where to find them.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report