Inventor General

yostechav
Message 11 of 13 (303 Views)

Reserection of Re: Miter Sheet Metal Corner help

02-10-2012 11:07 AM in reply to: yostechav

Is there anyone who could get me past this hurdle?  I cannot move on with my project until I get these corners correct, and I have exhausted the resources I can find.

I appreciate you time,

Still at the same plae in progress, or lack of...

I am now attempting to do this simple part with the base being on the vertical plane and still cannot get my corners drawn.

THis is the last error message I have been getting:

[   Sheet Metal: Corner Creation failed.
     cornerfinal2 -8-12.ipt: Errors occurred during update
       Corner4: Could not build this Corner
         The attempted Sculpt operation did not produce a meaningful result body. Try with different inputs.
]

I have gotten past where I was last month by unfolding the base 90 before adding the flanges, but I still cannot get this done.

Attached is what I am working on.  I would like to miter the corners in a 45, as the base is bent at 90 degrees and the four inside corners will overlap otherwise and the program will not allow me to continue.  Auto miter is set to "THICKNESS" and I am not allowed to change this value.

I know this shouldn't be so difficult for such a simple part and I have truly spent way too many hours on this.  Probably days now... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DISREGARD this resurection!

I have figured out how to get passed this:  All i needed to do was hold down the Ctrl key and creat the flanges simultaneously.

Thanks for the help all.

dgleis
Message 12 of 13 (284 Views)

Re: Reserection of Re: Miter Sheet Metal Corner help

02-14-2012 08:36 AM in reply to: yostechav

Is this what you are looking for?

glotz_99
Message 13 of 13 (112 Views)

Re: Miter Sheet Metal Corner help

08-07-2013 08:24 AM in reply to: yostechav

Hey I was having the same problem, and found a solution. If the corners on the mirrored part dont seem to be mitered together anymore, it is because it is mirroring the original component (before it was mitered). To fix this select the components, and click the mirror command, and when all the components show up in the dialog box, make sure the FRAME REFERENCE model has a yellow circle next to it (not green). this will cause the miter to be mirrrored as well as the part.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube