Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missinng result window in Inventor Pro 2014 Stress Analysis

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
bhn1981
2000 Views, 14 Replies

Missinng result window in Inventor Pro 2014 Stress Analysis

Hi.

When I perform an stress analysis, everything seems to work ok. Mesh is generated, and so on. The solution windows appear, and the progress bar runs from left to right. Then this window dissapear, as it should. In the model tree now, the result icon in the bottom of the tree, is shown, but no + ticker, that allow you to open the results. Also the Result and Display windows, on the upper panel bar, are grey, as if no analysis have been done.

Had this problem with inventor 2013 also, installed all hotfixes available, but didn't help. Now I have installed Inventor 2014, and also update 1, but still no change..

Anyone who know how this can be fixed?

Have been in contact with my local support, in Norway. And the haven't seen this before, and have no idea. 

Any ideas how to fix this will be highly appreciated..

Regards

Bjørn.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
spackle42
in reply to: bhn1981

Hi Bjørn,

The best I can suggest is to have a look at your constraints.  I ran into this recently, never found a solution but once I scrapped my constraints and tried them another way, the problem disappeared.  My best guess is that the rule checker that makes sure the model is adequately setup misses one or two possibilities and so there's no error, it just fails during computation.  As always, if you can post a copy of your files, you'll probably get a more detailed answer from the bright sparks in here 🙂

Regards,

Justin Smith

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 3 of 15
bhn1981
in reply to: spackle42

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

All the constrains are ok, have tried with several simulations. So it is not just one part or assembly. If I open a part, that I have been working on, like 3 monts ago, it will open up, and show results ++, if I press the start simulation icon, the simulation for this part will, run, displaying results as normal. But if I eg. change the value of the applied force, then the simulation will fail. Have also tried to make a test part, from std inventor default part, but this doesn't help. similar result. Have deleted, and re-installed inventor, without this helping too. My version is fully licensed, and everything should be fine..

Regards

Bjorn

Message 4 of 15
matt

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. I have even tried the simulation on another computer and it works fine. 

Message 5 of 15
bhn1981

Hi.

The only solution is to to a complete reinstallation of computer. Autodesk support tried "everything" with my software. I deleted inventor completely, removing all traces of autodesk without success. Did a complete reinstallation of autodesk packages twice, without success. Eventually they assumed it was something with windows registry files. All though this is a major task, involving reinstallation of everything on your computer, included windows, it solved all of my problems.. Of course it can be something else with your setup, but for me this was the only solution... unfortuneately..

rgds

Bjorn

Message 6 of 15
Europafilter

I also have a similar problem on Inventor 2014 W8 OS. 64Bit. The Stress analysis is greyed out. Tried to turn it on in the addin, restarted, open stress analysis and then all the choises are grey, not within reach. Removed Autodesk completely, re installed....same thing. I have heard that every second Windos OS is good /Bad. W7 was good....

Message 7 of 15
bhn1981
in reply to: Europafilter

Ligner på mitt problem, autodesk i Norge sin support klarte ikke å fikse dette, de kontakta også autodesk i usa uten at dei hadde andre ideer en å re installere pc. Har funket bra siden...
Message 8 of 15
Europafilter

W8 OS 64bit hos deg og?
Message 9 of 15
bhn1981
in reply to: Europafilter

Nei, win 7 / 64 bit. Programmet fungerte heilt fint, så plutselig skjedde det et eller anna.. fungert fint siden..
Message 10 of 15
lunallena1

espero que entendais español 

a mi me pasa lo mismo tanto con inventor 2014 como inventor 2015 

si restauras windows 7 (sin necesidad de formaterar ) el problema se soluciona , pero si luego actualizas windws con las diferentes actualizaciones se

vuelve a estropear

por si sirve de pista : cuando no va bien inventor , dropbox tampoco va bien , el icono de dropbox deja de aparecer en en la barra de tareas 

saludos 

Message 11 of 15
diegoponce

Hi everyone experiencing the same problem still on 2015 version of inventor pro.

The solution is to run the program as administrator (Windows 8).

Hope it helps.

La solucion es correr el programa como administrador (Windows 8).

Message 12 of 15
diegoponce
in reply to: lunallena1

Hola!

Tienes que abrir inventor como administrador (windows 8).

Saludos!

Message 13 of 15
Juha_T

Hello,

I have the same problem as the original poster. I have Inventor 2015.

Message 14 of 15
ccamara01
in reply to: Juha_T

@Juha_T wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem as the original poster. I have Inventor 2015.

I have this problem all the time.  I don't know what causes it or how to fix it, but closing the file then reopening it works.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Inventor Professional 2015 SP2
Windows 8.1 Pro Workstation
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3 (10 core, 3.1 GHz)
NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (4 GB)
64 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
512 GB SSD
2 TB HDD
Message 15 of 15
moezbas
in reply to: ccamara01

Hi,

I have the same issue since my system crashed down during an FEA analysis a week ago. Now, I have the same problem.

Is there an elegant solution instead of resetting the whole engine? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report