Inventor General

Tinmuk
Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)
Accepted Solution

Missing dimension lines

327 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2012 03:25 PM

I have a template IDW that i use for bearings. When I opened it today I noticed that two of the dimension lines were missing.  The dimension and arrows are there.  I tried deleting them are recreating them with the same result.

The interesting thing is, when I created the dim above the part it was fine,  when I dragged it below the part the lines went away. After that no matter were I moved it the lines would not reappear.

I installed SP1 a while ago and just now installed the update to SP1 (DL20857064.zip). It did not fix the problem.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Dim error.jpg

Robi
IV 2013 Professional SP1
Dell Optiplex 780
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600@3.33GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64 bit Win 7 Pro OS
Tinmuk
Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Missing dimension lines

12-14-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: Tinmuk

Ok, I figured it out.  For some reason a text box will hide extension lines but not anything else in a drawing view. The text box defaulted to the entire width of the drawing and hid the extension lines.  Once I resized the box evething was fine.

Robi
IV 2013 Professional SP1
Dell Optiplex 780
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600@3.33GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64 bit Win 7 Pro OS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube