Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sketch Causing Error

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
CHRISTH
529 Views, 14 Replies

Missing Sketch Causing Error

Hi all

I keep getting this design doctor error. (see image) it is telling me that sketch 5 & 8 need their axis/organs resetting, I would do this but the sketches do not show up in the browser.

How can i find and delete the erroneous sketches.

IV12 all SPs (good computer supplied by IT department to autodesks specs, user restrictions prevent me from getting a detailed description)

iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Cadmanto
in reply to: CHRISTH

Welcome to the forum.

What happens if you select "Next"?  Does it give you options to fix or delete there?

Can you post your file?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 15
CHRISTH
in reply to: Cadmanto

see images,

first next is a info screen about the dd, (dd1.png)

next it offers the solution..(dd2.png) i click finish

then i get teh dialogue (dd3.png) if i click 'yes' it returnes the the DD with the same errors as i started with. if i click 'no' the dd finishes

Message 4 of 15
CHRISTH

the file in question:

Message 5 of 15
Cadmanto

Chris,

I am not seeing the error.

I do a rebuild and not error comes up.  Kind of makes me wonder if by just copying it cleared it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 15
CHRISTH

im using v12sp2 and this is not the first time this has happend. the solution is to draw the part again from scratch.

Message 7 of 15
Cadmanto

I am using 2012 SP 1.

I resaved it and see if this gives it to you without an error.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 15
CHRISTH

no change, i stil get the error.

When you load it up, is the DD red + showing up?

Message 9 of 15
Cadmanto

No.

LADDER.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 15
CHRISTH

what i want to do to it is something like ACADS purge / audit to clear out the hidden sketches. Or at least unhide the sketches so they can be deleted.

Message 11 of 15
Cadmanto

You can post the suggestion here Inventor IdeaStation

then post the link in this thread.

It would appear to me that this is a part file that had external references tied to another file that had these sketches.

Did you create this part file from scratch or did you inherit it.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 12 of 15
CHRISTH

the part has a little history, it did have some bolts going through it (bolted connection) these bolts have been removed in the higher level assembly

Message 13 of 15
Cadmanto

Depending on how the bolted connections were created I would be willing to bet that is where your issue is coming from.  I think you are right in that it would be best recreate it just to break the link.

Or if you have vault do a copy design in the vault and that should work as well.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 14 of 15
CHRISTH

redrawing it is not as simple as it might first appear...

We dont use Vault (I wish we did) we use Meridian for our document control and that cant do a design copy like Vault can. But wont that copy the errors to as they are in teh file and Vault has no way of knowing what sketches are good ones and which are bad.

Im finding it hard to beleive that inventor can leave dirt in a file and offer no way to clean it. It is a good job that the part in question is not a complicated one...

(Always on a friday afternoon)

Message 15 of 15
Cadmanto

Sorry to hear this is such a struggle at this point.  I am not surprised that the errors are there and can't be removed.  I have experienced the unresolved references issue where a file gets deleted and an assembly still wants to reference to it.  This happens a lot when a file is opened up outside of vault that is not updated or if the delete order sequence is not done right this can happen.

As far as your question if it was copied the error shouldn't transfer.  Or at least I wouldn't think it would.  I say that because when the new file is created from a computer stand point the code is different so therefore the error has no relevance. 

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report