Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Faces/Profiles on Content Center parts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DaltonBlevins
12084 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Faces/Profiles on Content Center parts

Please look at the below screen shots to see what this is about:

MissingProfile1.PNG

MissingProfile2.PNG

As you can see, there is an entire face of the pipe missing. When I highlight over it (2nd picture) it thinks it is there. This has happened on lots of content center parts. There has been a few issues where this has happened with some of our donwloaded user content (in our custom content center) even to the point of disappearing entirely.

This has happened across multiple (identical) machines. However, it doesn't seem to be reproducible on demand.

Pertinent info:

Inventor 2014 Pro, 64-Bit, Build 170, Update 1

Graphics - NVIDIA Quadro 2000 with latest current driver (Problem presented before driver update)

12GB RAM and Xeon Quad Core

I figured I would go this route before starting a support request in subscription to see if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
str8zstar
in reply to: DaltonBlevins

Just installed IV2014 this week and just got something similar. Have a nut disappearing. This was probably generated from Content Center originally. Although another user in our department has had issues with custom parts disappearing. Interested to hear if others have had similar probs and possible fixes. 

IV2014.PNG

Message 3 of 8
mrattray

Sounds like a graphics glitch. The first thing AutoDesk will tell you is to play with the graphics settings under the hardware tab in application options. Try the software graphics option and see if that fixes the issue. If it does then you know that it's an issue with your graphics card.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 8

I have had an Autodesk rep contact me and open a support case, I will follow along here as well.

mrattray - This is happening across multiple systems with different and alike graphics cards. We have tried adjusting the settings you speak of in just about every configuration we could. Nothing seems to change. I have a weird feeling it is more than just 5 graphics cards all presenting problems at the same time, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

The face normals are reversed (Inventor only shades the front faces, not the backside of a face.

Not sure why you are seeing this or what is causing the problem.

Can you attach a file here that exhibits this behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

JDMather - Unfortunately I can't because it is hit and miss. And it seems to be that way across several files for different users. I am kind of baffled as to why this isn't more widespread. We installed the new Content Center (not migrate our 2012), so that isn't the issue. 

If I get a file that does it consistently and is reproducible, I will post. 

Message 7 of 8
mmcturk

I am having the same issue, I will try the different graphic settings and see if that works. I also heard that changing the minimum frame rate to 0 might fix the problem as well.

Message 8 of 8

We did experiment with the frame rate all across the range from 0-20 and didn't see a difference. On two of our systems we have turned off Express Mode (App Options > Assembly > Express Mode Settings). We will see if we still have the issues there.

I have sent quite a bit of infomation to Autodesk as well through my subscription, so we will see what they figure out.

DLB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report