Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Content Center items

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
brent.page
3203 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Content Center items

Hello Again

Using Inventor 2013 64 bit on Win 7

I recenlty moved all my files from my old laptop to my new desktop.

Now when I open an assembly, all of the items (nuts, bolts, washers, etc) from the content center are missing, and it asks me to resolve the link.

I tried telling it to go to the content center location, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DeerSpotter
in reply to: brent.page

Check to see if you are using the same project file from inventor that you had installed on your laptop. You can export that project file and link to it in the new computer. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 3 of 4

Hi brent.page,

So CC ( Content Center ) basically has two parts to it:

1. The CC libraries - these are the "recipes" for all the parts. Basically just a bunch of tables with dimension information.
  2. The CC Files - These are a collection of Inventor part files (*.ipt) that are generated from the CC Libraries and used in your assemblies.

It sounds like that your old laptop had the path for the CC Files, set to store them locally on that computer. What you will want to do, is copy the entire CC files folder to your new desktop.

The path for this folder can be found by going to the Tools tab > Application Options button > File tab > Default Content Center files area. It is generally something like:

C:\Users\***your name***\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R201x

So you would copy that folder from your laptop, to your desktop, and then all of the CC files that you have placed in your assemblies will not be found.

One caveat to all of this is that you can set the CC Files path in your project file, and that setting will override the setting you have in the Application Options.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4

Excellent, that worked perfectly! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report