Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror tool accuracy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LeedsLad8t6
275 Views, 5 Replies

Mirror tool accuracy

Hello all, Does anybody else have slight inaccuracy's with the mirror tool every now and again? I find sometimes when trying to mirror features that they do not measure exactly on each side, the difference is tiny! but it's still there when you inspect the length... When I have encountered this in the past I have been mirroring from planes center to the part, I can't fathom it out or repeat the issue on demand. It just seems to crop up every now and again 😕 Kind regards Daniel
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chad38
in reply to: LeedsLad8t6

Are you certain it's not related to rounding of the digits? For instance 7/16 rounded to 3 digits can be displayed as .437 or .438.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 6
LeedsLad8t6
in reply to: chad38

Thank's for your reply, hadn't thought of that although this issue involved straight edges only. I have re attempted and solved the issue, what I did wrong to begin with I'm not quite sure 😕 Thanks. Daniel
Message 4 of 6
MikahB

Daniel - did you notice if you click "More >>" at the bottom of the mirror dialog there are a couple options on how the mirror is performed? I think it defaults to "Identical" but maybe yours is on "Optimized" or "Adjust."
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 5 of 6
LeedsLad8t6
in reply to: MikahB

I did not know that no, I will have a look at this in more detial. Thanks Daniel
Message 6 of 6
blair

Since IV runs to something like 13 decimal places, as in the previous post, check your rounding. In the Document settings, you might have the sketch options set to only 2 decimal places. I set this to 4 places as I want my fractions to stay as fractions. 3/16" will stay at 0.1875" and not round up to 0.188 or 0.19

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums