Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 1 of 2 (185 Views)

Mirror glitch

185 Views, 1 Replies
12-16-2011 12:43 PM

I'm mirroring an ipart over the xy plane, and the preview looks perfect.  However, when I click "ok" on the Mirror Components: File Names dialog, the new mirrored part appears next to the original part.  The mirror itself is correct, along with orientation, but the placement is wrong. 

What am I missing?

Also, once I actually get the mirror to work, is there a way to get the ipart mirror to be driven to match the different configurations of the original ipart in its iassambly?

Or would it be best to turn the mirror into its own ipart and manage it independantly? Ideas?

Employee
t_stramr
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Mirror glitch

04-25-2012 07:04 AM in reply to: eveylynne

Hi eveylynne,

I'm one of developers responsible for mirror command. From attached pictures I can't say what is wrong. From captured view I don't even see the mirror plane. If it is possible please attach your dataset in ZIP form. Simplified dataset(remove all components that are not included in mirror) where the problem is still reproducible is the best choice.

Q1: Once you modify iPart table and update your source iPart then its mirrored counterpart should be updated as well as it is mirrored using derive mechanism.

Thanks,

Robert

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube