Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Engineered Optimization. The Future Of 3D Printing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ian.j.wilkins
310 Views, 0 Replies

Mechanical Engineered Optimization. The Future Of 3D Printing

Hello my fellow engineers,

For the past couple months I have been using my free time to develop the ultimate optimization for a 3D printed structure. The engineering goals of this project are to create a 3D structure that is as strong as a solid, while also being 70% lighter, and 70% cheaper to print. Using over 100 mechanical properties tests, I have finally come up with the ultimate optimizaton that will accomplish all of the engineering goals, while also making a structure aproximately 3 times as stiff. This will allow for rigind and strong 3D structures to be printed at a fraction of the cost.

My approach stems from the science of biomimcry and the success of structures through evolution by natural selection. My design is simmilar to that of a honeycomb, carbon nanotube, quarts crystalline structure, abalone shell composite, and the internal structure of hickory wood combined. I took the mechanical properties of some of the strongest natural structures and composites, and then combined them to make the ultimate 3D printing optimization.

HOWEVER,

I am about to present my data to a local science symposium, and I need to have a 3D inventor part created for my new optimization method. Unfortunately I injured my hand while machining a part 2 days ago. I cannot create a part with my hand in the state it is. I can barely type this message with just one hand. SO here is a challenge to my fellow engineers of this forum. To create a inventor part using the specification I have attached to this post, and using my new optimizaton method.

Essentially, The resulting part will be a beam composed of 3 layers: a core, and 2 outer plates. The core will be 40 mm thick, and each plate will be 1 mm thick. The overall shape of the beam will be 1 m (1000 mm) long, by 75 mm wide. The rest of the instruction for my optimization method can be found in the file I have attached to this post.

Good luck and thank you to all who attempt this project!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report