Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lctilley
317 Views, 1 Reply

Materials in Assembly

I have attached a screen shot so you can kind of see what I'm talking about. I created this base plate as A572-50 steel and it is displayed as galvanized. The only thing on this assembly that is from the content center are the bolted connections and a few pieces of A53 pipe that is not shown in the image. All of the other parts and sub-assemblys and their parts are created with their appropriate grade of steel and also displayed as Galvanized. When they are place into the same assembly their materials and display are exactly like they are on the part level itself.

When I place the base plate from my project the intial preview of the the part shows it to be as it is in the part itself, A572-50 and galvanized. The problme comes when you actually drop it in the assembly. The material  of the part is reverted to the Steel, Galvanized and is displayed as Generic. I have to find a way to fix this or find out what I'm doing wrong so I can correct that. This causes a problem in my BOM and then some. I'm sure there is a setting or a step that I missed without seeing it. Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Lloyd Tilley

Inventor 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lctilley
in reply to: lctilley

Not sure what happened in that part. I started a new part, redrew the sketch and extrusion and did the holes over. It went into the assembly fine so I'm going to assume I made some kind of mistake and just move on and stop worrying about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report