Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material column does not transfer over to Content Center

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
shastu
479 Views, 12 Replies

Material column does not transfer over to Content Center

Anyone else have this problem. I set my ipart table material column up and enter in the values. Then when I publish it to the content center, it shows as not available. Message was edited by: shastu
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
roman.vesely
in reply to: shastu

Did you enter predefined Inventor material like (Gold, Lead,..)or some user name material (like "MyGold")? ...Which version of Inventor do you have ?

Thanks Roman
Message 3 of 13
shastu

No, they are user name materials. IV10SP2
Message 4 of 13
roman.vesely

You need to save your user materials to Style Library. In your
- Inventor project set "Use Style Library" to "Yes"
- create new Standrad.ipt
- go to Style Editor
- Select "All styles" in Filters combo-box
- create user material(s)
- in context menu for each new material use "Save to Style Library"
- Close Style Editor

All newly published iParts will to have correct material in CC
For already published iParts you need to change material manually in Table View TAB. Just
- display "All Columns"
- select Material column
- in Context menu select Properties
- check Expression checkbox
- Enter your material name and press OK
- Press Publish button

After that you need to use Refresh Standard Components command from Assembly panel for updating already inserted published iParts with user material.

Regards Roman
Message 5 of 13
shastu

Thank you so much Roman!!!
Message 6 of 13
shastu

O.K. now that I got past that, it brought on another problem. Anytime I go pick on my part with the material as a key column, then no matter what I look at after that, I see a material column in the Select tab. If I shut down Inventor, and bring a new session, then all is good until I go back to that part, then it starts all over again. Why is that affecting the rest of my content center?
Message 7 of 13
shastu

Here is an avi file to show what I mean. HHCS is suppose to have four key columns which it does. Then I go to KEY and then without even selecting anything, I go back to HHCS and now it has five key columns, and no matter what I pick, it has an added material column.
Message 8 of 13
roman.vesely

I'm sorry , I'm not able to reproduce it. Please, could you send me problematic iPart (before Publishing) and an AVI file with steps to reproduce ?

Thanks Roman

PS: could you check, if HHCS published iPart has correct material in Table View TAB ?
Message 9 of 13
shastu

It is more than just the HHCS. I was just showing you that one as an example. Anything I pick on after looking at the Key has that extra column. Here is the problematic iPart. You shouldn't need an avi file. All you need to do is publish the part and you should have the same problem as the avi shown above.
Message 10 of 13
roman.vesely

I tried to reproduce it but it works. My steps :
1) Open KEY.ipt
2) Launch Style Editor and use Save to Style Library for "CRS" and "KROMITE" materials
3) Publish iPart , as name I used KEY to read/write library
4) Close KEY.ipt
5) Create new assembly
6) Launch CC and browse to published iPart

I can see correct materials.

Could you try this ...
- make sure that your new materials are in Style
- create new part
- launch publish command
- delete all problematic (already published) iParts from read write library
- close this part document
- open each problematic iParts and publish them again

Let me know if it works.
Regards Roman Message was edited by: Roman Vesely(Autodesk)
Message 11 of 13
shastu

I did the same steps you did, and I can see the correct materials. That is not the problem now. The problem is within the content center, after I have looked at the Key, then from that point on until I close my Inventor session I get an extra search criteria material column. I assume you did try this after you were done with the setup you mentioned, but if not, you misunderstood the problem. Relook at the avi directly above.
Message 12 of 13
roman.vesely

My apologize ..it was my misunderstood of the problem. So now after publishing your iPart and looking to his Select TAB i can see in all other CC parts additional Material column. This is a defect - more cosmetic than problematic. Thank you for reporting this issue. It will be logged.

Regards Roman
Message 13 of 13
shastu

Thanks Roman!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report