Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass property error in Inventor 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
petrxn
2388 Views, 8 Replies

Mass property error in Inventor 2015

There is again error with mass properties (weight) in new Inventor 2015. Let's have assembly with some parts with identical material, then:

1. edit trough material editor density on this material (for test, change color too) and save it to library

2. open assembly with these parts and update style from library , incl. child documents

3. open BOM table in this assembly and check weight

Result? Weights of other parts are wrong. This error was in Inventor 2013 and it was corrected by an update.

As is possible to see on enclosed pdf, I have prepared three identical boxes, these have in iProperty dialog correct density and weight, but in same time the weight in assembly BOM dialog is wrong. To correct it is necessary to open each part and recalculate mass or to change material to other and back. Rebuild all does not help.

Could be this checked by somebody else? I do not want belive that this error is back.

Many thanks

Petr

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jingyi.liu
in reply to: petrxn

Hi, Petr

Do you know Inventor 2015 support to update materail and appearance through Task scheduler?

I tried you workflow, and I can get correct result but need update style from library and update child component. If you try Task scheduler, it will be much easier.

TS support CM update.png

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 9
petrxn
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Hi,

thank you for your response. I know about task scheduler, but I think that this is not solution. This update should work correctly also directly trough command "Update styles" in Inventor. There is unallowable that one part could have different weights

Petr. 

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

In the BOM table, did you click "Update Mass Prop" button on the far right of the top row? Did it work?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
jingyi.liu

Hi Petr

Here is my recording to reproduce your workflow, when you update styles in all child documents, it really propagates lates material property (i mean the density here) to child document, but also noticed that it's mass property haven't been updated.  Like Johnson suggested, you need update its mass property in BOM Editor.

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/22b0e6e9-1d4a-4cfc-b620-a1f580f0a82a

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 6 of 9
petrxn

Hi,

thank you for your video, this is exactly what I do. I was surprised at it work in your enviroment and not i my. Finally I have found that there is one more step in your example. 

There you are showing the correct density in iProperty dialog between 19 and 26 second of your video. Try to do not do it. You will see that without opening the iProperty dialog you are not able to recalculate mass with "update mass button" in BOM dialog.

It seems that it work only in case the iProperty dialog is open and table "Physical" is shown for each part (in enclosed video shon on part W3).

Enclosed is my video

Thank you

Petr

Message 7 of 9
jingyi.liu

Hi Petr

Thanks for your clarification, yes, I can reproduce it if I don't check its iProperty, I will log it into internal tracking system.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9
petrxn

OK, thank you.

Message 9 of 9
Yijiang.Cai

I also could reproduce this issue, and if we want to make it correct, we need to check the iProperty of parts or open & rebuild all the parts in new window. If there are many parts that we need to check the iPorperty of, we could consider to use Update Design with total rebuid all option in TS to make the iProperty of parts correct. Anyway this has been logged in our tracking system.

Many thanks for your effort to report this issue to us!

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report