Inventor General

Active Contributor
gordon.rogers
Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)
Accepted Solution

Mass properties will not display in text box.

311 Views, 1 Replies
07-09-2012 02:06 PM

I'm having trouble getting mass properties of an assembly to display in an .idw.  I've tried it 2 diffent ways, custom properties-model "Totalmass" where I type the mass and physical properties-model "mass" where it's automatic with update.. Nothing shows, not even N/A, but in another idw (different assembly) it works. Both text boxes are saved within a sketch that is part of a template. Both idw's use the same template. If I place text on the drawing it self it works. Any suggestions would be great before I pull all my hair out.

Thanks

IV 2012

Vault Collaboration 2012

Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)

Re: Mass properties will not display in text box.

07-09-2012 03:12 PM in reply to: gordon.rogers

the sketch has to be associated with a view to pick up the model data.

if the sketch is simply on the sheet, you will only be able to reference drawing properties

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube