Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
rmerlob
Message 1 of 6 (172 Views)

Mass HUD

172 Views, 5 Replies
05-07-2013 09:08 AM

Is there a way to have the mass show somewhere a bit more accesible than inventor/iproperties/physical/update?

I´m thinking a small number on the edge of the graphics window. I doesnt necesarily have to update automaticallyt but the update mass should do it.

Anyone else interested in something like this? Do you think it would be possible to do it in VBA so I look into it?

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 2 of 6 (140 Views)

Re: Mass HUD

05-07-2013 01:28 PM in reply to: rmerlob

If you have 2 monitors, you can open up explorer or any window click on it, and any msgs in inventor will show up centered on the active window.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

Mentor
RobJV
Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)
Valued Mentor
stephengibson76
Message 4 of 6 (108 Views)

05-08-2013 01:40 AM in reply to: rmerlob

take a look at this part, inventor 2012, its only a test but seems to work ok

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Mentor
RobJV
Message 5 of 6 (82 Views)

05-09-2013 09:33 AM in reply to: RobJV

side note:  if the mass app does not come up for you, you may have to login.

Valued Mentor
SeanFarr
Message 6 of 6 (76 Views)

05-09-2013 10:13 AM in reply to: rmerlob

This would be a really cool option to have built in, like Excel has for SUM...

Built into the UI, on the bottom, if there is a part or parts, total mass is displayed based on units applied in the application options,

but if some parts were selected, then the mass would display the total for the selected parts!

is this possible to add in with VBA? Maybe this could be my first VBA programming attempt! (or too big of a step for someone who has no programming background??)

haha

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube