Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping path of object from driven constraint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ospi
632 Views, 4 Replies

Mapping path of object from driven constraint

Hi all,

I am currently needing to map the path of an object which undergoes quite a complicated movement path during the operation of the machine.  Is there a way for Inventor (or anything else within the Autodesk 2013 design package) to automatically map the path this object takes during its movement?

If not, are there any recommendations on how to map the path easily and accurately?

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jingyi.liu
in reply to: Ospi

Could you post some snapshot or upload dataset to depict your requirement?

In general, Dynamic Simulation is a good way to make assembly move as your required, but you need deal with those joints which is different with constraint in assembly enviroment.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
Ospi

Thanks for the reply.  I have posted a screenshot of what I am trying to achieve.  The path is that of a specific point on the controd bolt as the crankshaft rotates.  The assembly has been constrained to run as the real engine would so now I just need to map the path of that point as the assembly runs through a few rotations.

The red is just a mockup I have done in paint of the kind of output I am wanting to achieve, some kind of visual aid (just needs to be visual, i don't need to measure off of it).

Cheers!

Message 4 of 5
jingyi.liu

Regarding your snapshot, I believe Dynamic simulation is the right tool to solve your issue. Please see the image below, the green curve was the trajectory of a specified object, leverage Dynamic Simulation, it's easy to get the mapping path, you can also export the curve to your sketch then you could use it for your downstream modeling.

Trace.png

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Ospi

Thanks for that, ill give that option a go!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report