Inventor General

Message 1 of 2 (4,752 Views)

Making a Solid Blade Hollow

4752 Views, 1 Replies
11-16-2012 05:44 AM

Hello Sir

I have turbine rotor blade designed as per the aerodynamic considerations. The profile i obtained from the company is completely solid, I would like to make it hollow with  a wall  thickess of 5 mm. I tried if with the Shell feature of Inventor, and Since the profile of the blade is in different planes twisted in different angles, the Shell is not working very well. I have tried it with loft with different cross sections, but i am not getting a completely accurate profile. Is there any tool which automatically recognises the outside profile and will make the Inside hollow also in Inventor? I will really appreciate if some one can give a solution from your valuable experiences..

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sudheesh

Valued Mentor
japike
Message 2 of 2 (4,742 Views)

Re: Making a Solid Blade Hollow

11-16-2012 06:09 AM in reply to: sudhi4cric

You could start a new part and use the "Derived Component" tool to add the surfaces from the solid part into your new part. Then use the "Thicken/Offset" tool to add thickness to the surfaces.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube