Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Bolts/screws

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Beauand
8797 Views, 2 Replies

Making Bolts/screws

I am wondering if there is a way to make detailed bolts/screws in inventor 2010 or if i just need to keep making generic looking ones by hand and just have cheap looking thread on them

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Beauand

By detailed bolts/screws I assume you are talking about the threaded portion right? If you so can always use a coil/cut option to make real threads.. But what is the point.. Unless you actually need to do a 3d print of a screw then the cosmetic thread texture is just fine.. No need to complicate things..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: Beauand

Autodesk Labs have just released a tool to help you convert a Thread feature into a real thread.

http://cadsetterout.com/resources/testing-the-autodesk-labs-thread-modeller-for-inventor-plugin/

If nothing else - playing with this plugin will show you how modeled thread features are formed.

However - I agree that it should be used sparingly!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report