Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
danvang
Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Make Component Bug?

172 Views, 2 Replies
03-08-2013 08:40 AM

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here or if this is a bug. When a multi-body part and use the Make Component to generate the individual parts and the assembly and apply a scale factor and mirror it about a plane, the generated parts are still the same size and orientation. I tried this on 3 computers. One with Inventor 2013 no SP, one with Inventor 2013 SP1.1 and the other with Inventor 2013 SP1.1 Update2. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!

mistergoodwin
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Make Component Bug?

07-14-2013 10:15 PM in reply to: danvang

Same issue here, It appears the derive options have nil affect on the outcome. A real pain if you need to mirror a complex multi-solid part, as far as i'm aware component mirror is the only feasible option that works fast, but if you make any changes to the design, the mirrored parts wont update the physical properties. Giving you a flawed BOM.

Edit: Since you are also on inventor 2013 you can count on if autodesk does release a fix, they'll put it into the 2014 suite. They've done this a few times already to push people to become subscribers.

Employee
csaba.stupak
Message 3 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: Make Component Bug?

07-16-2013 01:16 AM in reply to: danvang

This issue was reported to development. As a workaround please edit the part - derived component and set the correct scale/mirror plane.

Regarding the Mirror Components and physical issue. Can you attach a simplified dataset to reproduce the issue?

I tried to mirror a simple one part assembly, edit the source part (changed the geometry), updated the assembly, the mirrored part physical properties (mass, volume, etc.) were updated.

Thanks,

Csaba

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube