Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Component Bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danvang
313 Views, 2 Replies

Make Component Bug?

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here or if this is a bug. When a multi-body part and use the Make Component to generate the individual parts and the assembly and apply a scale factor and mirror it about a plane, the generated parts are still the same size and orientation. I tried this on 3 computers. One with Inventor 2013 no SP, one with Inventor 2013 SP1.1 and the other with Inventor 2013 SP1.1 Update2. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!

** If my reply resolves this issue, please choose "Accept as Solution" **
Dan Vang
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mistergoodwin
in reply to: danvang

Same issue here, It appears the derive options have nil affect on the outcome. A real pain if you need to mirror a complex multi-solid part, as far as i'm aware component mirror is the only feasible option that works fast, but if you make any changes to the design, the mirrored parts wont update the physical properties. Giving you a flawed BOM.

Edit: Since you are also on inventor 2013 you can count on if autodesk does release a fix, they'll put it into the 2014 suite. They've done this a few times already to push people to become subscribers.

Message 3 of 3
csaba.stupak
in reply to: danvang

This issue was reported to development. As a workaround please edit the part - derived component and set the correct scale/mirror plane.

Regarding the Mirror Components and physical issue. Can you attach a simplified dataset to reproduce the issue?

I tried to mirror a simple one part assembly, edit the source part (changed the geometry), updated the assembly, the mirrored part physical properties (mass, volume, etc.) were updated.

Thanks,

Csaba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report