Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 | Wheel zooming is difficult to control

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
WillieArolf
452 Views, 2 Replies

MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 | Wheel zooming is difficult to control

Hi,

My boss just purchase a MS wireless mouse and keyboard. He then ask me to try it with Inventor and AtuoCAD. And here is what I have encountered.

1. AutoCAD - NO issue at all. I can use it with out any problems.

2. Autodek Inventor Product Suite 2012

- I have problems with the Wheel zooming. It is very difficult to control. When I try to zoon IN it zoom in until I could not see th object already. Same

thing goes when i try the zoom OUT. I try to scroll th wheel slowly but it just irritates me.

- I did tried adjusting the wheel controls using the Microsft Mouse and Keyboard Center. But, still Inventor functions the same.

I am wondering WHY? AutoCAD can control the movement of the Wheel (zooming function) while, Inventor can't seem to control it. Or is there a WAY to control th speed of the wheel (zooming functions).

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Willie,

I am using a "MS Wireless Mouse 5000" on my end and did also experience difficulties with zooming in Inventor 2014.

What I found helpful, was to adjust the "Vertical Scrolling" to 2 in the mouse driver.

To adjust the mouse driver:

• Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers > right click on “HID-compliant mouse” > Mouse Settings > tab “Wheel” > reduce “Vertical Scrolling”

Test Inventor.

Also you may find the following link helpful.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin Langolf
Message 3 of 3

Hi Martin,

I have tried numerous value on both vertical & horizontal but, still it zooms irrationally.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report