Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost visibility of components in assemblies

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cgusi
1019 Views, 5 Replies

Lost visibility of components in assemblies

Hi all, I've a serious problem. Opening large assemblies containing LODs some components missing. The assemblies are build with inventor 2010 and now is totally migrated in in 2013 SP1.1 Update1. If you open the subassemblies these are correctly on. I've tried to set visibility on, off, change rappresentation of view, positional and activare various LOD, including Principal LOD.

If you position another istance of the subassemblies, one is on but the other isn't visible. In the drawing all is correctly rappresented

See the attached .PDF

This occours in Facroy and Product design suite. Graphics card and relative drivers are certificated. I can't attach a P&G because is a very larga file (250Mb).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cgusi
in reply to: cgusi

Anyone have a little IDEA!

This in a very big problem for me. I can repositioning another istance of a subassemblies and constrain it again but I can't do this for the second sub assembly. It can't be visible!

So, I think that is a very big problem for the Autodesk's guru too.....

Message 3 of 6
cgusi

Many thanks to Autodesk that open a ticket contact me directly and solve the problem.

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

But you can't mark it as the solution unless the solution is provided!  Please let us know what the answer is.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 5 of 6
Nicolas.Bourquin

Hello,

The problem of the visibility was due to different things we observed like an incomplete migration of all components, some assemblies containing substitutes with broken links to their original assembly which had created an issue with a LOD. After removal of this "corrupted" LOD and different cleaning operations, the problem was solved and the “sub-assembly” was again visible .

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 6 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Thank you, Nicolas.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report