Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Inventor Feature????

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thappy
473 Views, 2 Replies

Lost Inventor Feature????

I was just wondering, what ever happened to the continuous orbit feature!? I don't exactly remember the key sequence. Though, I remember years ago, like 5.3, orbiting the part, letting go of my scroll wheel and watching that baby rotate on my screen like a screen saver, haha. Has this visually intriguing feature been lost to program optimization, or have I just forgotten the key sequence? Thanks in advance!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: thappy

Click Free Orbit and drag part while holding Shift key (no change).

Let go.  Part will continuously rotate based on your drag speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
thappy
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry, I'm just getting used to 12'. Where is the free orbit option?- Ok, I found it on the sidebar, constrained or free. I also found it in the options, free is selected. No dice... Let go of orbit, while still holding shift, am I correct? Then when I let go of shift it should continue to spin? Still no dice, hmmm... Thanks again...

Got it, free orbit as the function itself, not the scroll button method...  Thank You!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report