Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Lost Frame Analysis Menu Bar

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
karthur1
5728 Views, 9 Replies

Lost Frame Analysis Menu Bar

When I go to Environments>Frame Analysis, I used to get a menu for Constraints, Loads and other settings (similar to the Stress Analyisis menu).  I don't get that now.  I can right-click on an existing simulation and add constraints and loads, but I would really like to get the menu back.

I can go to tools>Customize, Toolbars tab and Frame Analysis Panel is there.  I can click Show and it will show the panel but it stays up all the time.  Not what I want.

I have tried resetting the menu, repair installing Inventor and Reinstalling Inventor, but still not joy.  How do I get this back to the original setting so that it comes up when I select Frame Analysis?

This is in 2011.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
henderh
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kirk,

I haven't seen this behavior before.  When you say you've tried resetting the menu, this is resetting the Ribbon? (RMB on Ribbon => Ribbon Appearance => Reset Ribbon).

There are two possible issues / solutions:

1)  The RibbonCustomization xml file isn't right.  With Inventor closed, try renaming (or deleting) it.  Inventor will automatically re-populate it the next time you launch.  You can find the file path by looking at the value in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\UIStyle.  To get to the registry, use Windows Start menu => run regedit)

(e.g. Using Windows 7, mine is located here: C:\Users\henderh\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\RibbonUICustomization.xml)

2)  If this doesn't work, try renaming the "UI Customiztaion V5" registry folder.  If the registry folder is deleted or renamed, Inventor will create a new one when launched again.  There could be a problem with the Frame Analysis settings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\UI Customization V5\Environments\FrameAnalysisEnvironment

Does it look like my version in the attached screen capture?

Beware though that if you delete the folder you'll lose all UI customizations, that's why it may be safer to just rename them, so you can revert back to the original name if it doesnt fix the issue.

Hope this helps, and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 10
jan.vonasek
in reply to: karthur1

Note: From version 2012 is ribbon customization stored in file InventorCustomization.xml.

Related issues should be fixed by rename/delete of this file.

Jan Vonasek
Software Developer
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10
scottmoyse
in reply to: jan.vonasek

@jan.vonasek wrote:

Note: From version 2012 is ribbon customization stored in file InventorCustomization.xml.

Related issues should be fixed by rename/delete of this file.

I just had this issue in Inventor 2015... random as. But this fixed it. I found the file in the User AppData Roaming folder for Inventor 2015.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 10
h.vandeweerd
in reply to: scottmoyse

Inventor 2015
I had the same problem in frame analysis environment. I have only filled the registry-key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\UI Customization V5\Environments\FrameAnalysisEnvironment "defaultToolBarForPanelBar" with the value: "adsk_ifa_panel_main". This was an empty field in my registry. All customisation is retained.

Message 6 of 10

This fixed problem for me in 2016, thanks!

Message 7 of 10
mb3y
in reply to: henderh

Design tab stays invisible using these methods in Student edition 2017 for me. Any other methods such that I can use the Design tab?

Message 8 of 10
mb3y
in reply to: mb3y

Urgh... need to be in assembly to get this Tab - my bad - sorry!

Message 9 of 10
ericmccole
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thanks

Inventor 2020 - Same issue. Seems totally random.

Deleted file as below with software closed.

C:\Users\"***USER NAME***\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2020\InventorCustomization.xml

re-opened & its back to normal..

Message 10 of 10
ghmansoory
in reply to: ericmccole

Worked. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report