Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some Feedback

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
207 Views, 1 Reply

Looking for some Feedback

This school year I was part of a new class called 3D design at my high school.  I grouped together with some friends and we decided to create a 3D modeled shotgun.  I have about 2 years of experience using Inventor, so I figured I would use that.  This model didn’t require any of the inner-workings of a conventional shotgun, but rather a shell to be textured and animated.  Below, I have attached my sketch and my finished project.  I’d love feedback on the design, I had some trouble transferring my sketch to Inventor.  If anybody knows any quick or easy ways to deal with this, I would appreciate it.  I also realise that the model doesn’t have a trigger, that was done in maya for the convenience of the animator.  I used quite a bit of lofts to get some of the angles I wanted, specifically for the points at the tip of the gun.  I think I really had some problems with my design being too “chunky” and I also think that the model looks a bit tall.  I used gratuitous amounts of fillets to get some of the curvature, and a chamfer here and there.  Any help with those areas or really any comments would be very appreciated, as I am always trying to become more literate in Inventor.

I have also attached the .iam file, and the .ipt files of two of the more challenging pieces.  Thank you in advance!

Profile View

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see any Inventor file attachments - only an image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report