Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock up when I open an IDW

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dennis
359 Views, 3 Replies

Lock up when I open an IDW

Scenario: I open an assembly, can be existing or a new one.  Then if I open an IDW, new or existing, my Inventor locks up.  If I open the IDW first, then the assembly, no problem.  I can even open subsequent IDWs with no problem.  Anyone have an idea of what I can easy do to fix this?  I want to avoid the old uninstall/reinstall process.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: dennis

More information is needed.  From your post count I can surmise that you've been working on Inventor for a while with no problems?  So the question may be:  what changed recently?  Anything new in your system?  What version of Inventor are you using, and what are your system specs?  Do you use Vault or any other PDM type software?

Message 3 of 4
dennis

The only thing that had happened were some Windows updates.  That may have been the problem.  I just did a reinstall without an uninstall and that fixed it.

Message 4 of 4
cbenner

Sometimes Windows or even Java updates can wreak havoc on Inventor.  I don't let them autoload.  That way I can keep track of which ones loaded most recently and I can remove them if there is a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report