Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lists in the form does not update after i chose an option.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Salkiic
263 Views, 4 Replies

Lists in the form does not update after i chose an option.

I have a few lists in my form. The first one decides what information the other lists should have, so none of the choises are the same. I should first add that I have the "OK, Cancel, Apply" option.

Is there any way that I can make the other lists update automatically when I chose something in the first one? The only time they update is when I press the "Apply"-button.

I have parameters and rules that decide what lists should be shown at what option from the first list so I don't think that is the problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: Salkiic

I think that's one of the features of the "OK, Cancel, Apply" option - it waits for you to select an one of the three options before committing your changes. (Otherwise "Cancel" would be a bit meaningless!)

What happens if you set it back to the default "Done" option? 

Peter
Message 3 of 5
Salkiic
in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks for the reply!

With the "Done" option it refreshes after every choice I make in the form but then the 3D model regenerates every time.

Is there any possible way to get the lists update but not the 3D model with the "OK, Cancel, Apply" option?

//Elvis

Message 4 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: Salkiic

Try turning off the "Immediate Update" in the Parameters dialog box.

I think you can code it too - Parameter.UpdateAfterChange = False

(You might need to try - sorry, not in front of Inventor right now.)

Peter
Message 5 of 5
Salkiic
in reply to: pcrawley

Yeah the "Immediate update" is unchecked but it still updates the whole 3D model with the "done" option.. Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report